Author Topic: SHAME ON YOU FOR THE SABOTAGE YOU DID!!!!  (Read 5727 times)

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
Re: SHAME ON YOU FOR THE SABOTAGE YOU DID!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 04:21:48 PM »
I wish you good luck in finding a replacement that will run on the hardware you currently have.
Good Luck.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2017, 04:27:55 PM »
I haven't done a fresh install in quite a while though I'm fairly sure PUP's aren't enabled by default, always had to dig into settings to enable.

What are these big and expensive hardware/software combinations that Avast is supposedly removing?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 04:40:34 PM »
Indeed, PUP detection is disabled by default for legal reasons.
The reason is that avast installs the new version without announcement or warning with standard settings
By installing avast you agreed with the EULA.
And as I said before, avast has the right to do so.
And avast isn't the only one with something like that in the EULA.
All other av vendors I've checked also have it.

I also explained the part about the standard settings.

It doesn't matter if a application is used a lot or not.
avast can and will (depending on the settings) delete it if something malicious is detected in them and/or if they are performing malicious activity.

Offline Anacunga

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 06:13:26 PM »
Indeed, PUP detection is disabled by default for legal reasons.
That's just untrue and a big lie!

Default setting is for all (also PUPs) "automatic", i.e.: try to repair, if not possible put to chest, if not possible delete.
The reason is that avast installs the new version without announcement or warning with standard settings
By installing avast you agreed with the EULA.
Not with latest Avast, but with Avast 4.8
And as I said before, avast has the right to do so.
Nope. Even if mentioned in the EULA, such clauses are just not effective; therefore it is not covered by law to install (or replace) software without consent of the user. Not in Europe!
And avast isn't the only one with something like that in the EULA.
Does not change anything.
All other av vendors I've checked also have it.
This neither does change anything.
I also explained the part about the standard settings.
And I explained that this is a lie and not true! Try it yourself! A brand new installation is always set to "automatic" (with the options "repair" (not possible for PUPs as avast considers the whole prog as danger), put to chest (often also not possible) and then delete directly without warning!
It doesn't matter if a application is used a lot or not.
But it does matter if the application is manually excluded in the formerly installed version and then the new installation (done without consent of the user) ignores that setting!
avast can and will (depending on the settings) delete it if something malicious is detected in them and/or if they are performing malicious activity.
The problem here is that avast is defining what avast considers as malicious even if the user knows that it is not malicious.

That's why to no longer use avast!

@CraigB: installations for heavy industries, supply systems and things like that; i.e. machinery that you do not replace before 20 or 30 years of use!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 06:28:28 PM »
I wish you happy life living in your own dreamworld.

Offline Anacunga

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 08:27:10 PM »
The problem about virus protection is quite simple: it's a question of trustworthiness. But with that behaviour shown with a forced update without consent it's gone. Several of the PCs were not accessible for several days as it was not clear why they were too slow and quite unaccessible (there was the fear of having got some malware); now it's clear why: the avast update did consume all of the resources. ... that's no acceptable behaviour, sorry.

Correct announcement would have been the correct solution.

I do no longer consider Avast to be a trustworthy anti virus solution ... as simple as that.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 10:54:22 PM »
Any system today with 512MB of RAM will NOT work good no matter what. I've made a cheap system for 40€ like 5 years ago for my cousin that had Pentium 4 and 1GB RAM and it was crap. But it was cheap and it was a computer. And it still had the latest version of avast! on it.

Reason for it is that using old version of antivirus is pointless. I frankly don't know why avast! 4.8 even exists. It's so ancient and I thought they dropped it like 3 years ago and somehow the thing actually still exists somehow.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 12:25:15 AM »
The best things in life are free.