Author Topic: Avast Passwords - Vault Synchronization is Broken  (Read 6083 times)

REDACTED

Avast Passwords - Vault Synchronization is Broken
« on: January 23, 2017, 04:03:53 AM »
I recently installed Avast Passwords on my phone. I went through all the steps to synchronize it, and it gave me the code, as it should. I then went to my computer to activate it, only to find no way to do so.
I quickly realized that my issue was I had never synchronized my computer. However my computer, when synchronized, also gives me a code to enter in "any other device". There are, as you may have guessed, no other devices to enter it into. Both my phone and computer give me this message, meaning I can't synchronize either of them.
I'm unsure what the cause of this was. Perhaps because I tried to synchronize my phone initially without synchronizing my pc, however I have attempted de-synchronizing both and this hasn't solved the issue.
Does anyone know what to do in this scenario?

REDACTED

Re: Avast Passwords - Vault Synchronization is Broken
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 10:50:18 PM »
Thank you very much, Eddy, however neither FAQ page actually addresses my issue, which is that I was never able to synchronize my devices in the first place. All connected devices only display the screens for "Synchronize Subsequent Devices", and I have never once seen the screens for "Synchronizing the First Device." I cannot restore my previous vault because there is no previous vault to restore to. I am unable to create a vault in the first place.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 10:56:40 PM »
and I have never once seen the screens for "Synchronizing the First Device
That sounds to me you never set synchronization up.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 12:20:14 AM »
That sounds to me you never set synchronization up.
That's because I never did. I hadn't noticed until I tried to sync my phone, but now I'm unable to set it up at all. I have to use an connected device that doesn't exist, since the only devices connected to my Avast account are not synced.

Offline Tomáš Hellebrand

• Avast team
  • Product owner of Avast Passwords
    • Avast Passwords
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 09:11:13 AM »
Hi sketchguess6218,

Could you please send me private message (or email to hellebrand@avast.com) with your Avast account email that you use for synchronization? I will look at that.

Thanks
Tomas Hellebrand
Product owner of Avast Passwords

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 11:10:25 PM »
Hi sketchguess6218,

Could you please send me private message (or email to hellebrand@avast.com) with your Avast account email that you use for synchronization? I will look at that.

Thanks

Hello,
I have exactly the same problem. I tried syncing both my phone and my pc and am unable to do so for either of them. I am just receiving the activation code for the second device but was never able to activate my first device in the first place. What can I do?

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 10:52:39 AM »
Have you received backup email? If so you can use it to confirm your device, if you don't have any other device trusted
https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/92

Offline bj.sitanc

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 09:47:27 PM »
Same problem here. PC Passwords show the "Confirm synchronization on other device screen" no code or anything. Android Passwords gives me the code to confirm, but I do'n have any device enabled aparently and I was never asked to. Avast really took a plunge in their services over the last years.