Author Topic: Can't update.  (Read 2210 times)

voyager

Can't update.
« on: August 10, 2006, 11:09:35 PM »
I have problems with update, after auto update on 07.08.06. I was trying everything to run avast, I had changed “vpsupd.exe”, reinstalled avast. And now program just froze at all.
Avast 4.7 Home Edition

I have Windows pro.

Please help.
 ???

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Can't update.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 11:27:33 PM »
I have Windows pro.
Is that XP Pro or win2k pro ?

Why would you want to change vpsupd.exe, this is the stand alone manual means of updating the virus signature files, you download it and then double click it to manually update the VPS. This is normally used to update systems without an internet connection, you shouldn't need to do this if you have an internet connection.

aswUpdSv.exe is the avast update service and avast.setup (temporary file) is used to control the update.

What is your firewall and did it allow access to avast.setup ?

I don't know what you have managed to do but it would probably be best to do a complete uninstall and reinstall. First Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, find it here save it to your hard disk so you can find it later. Download the latest version of avast and save it too.

Now uninstall, reboot, run the uninstall utility, reboot, install avast using the latest version, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security