Author Topic: Why has avast since version 5 become a bloated crap.  (Read 15994 times)

Offline TheOwner

• Poster
Re: Why has avast since version 5 become a bloated crap.
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2017, 12:35:37 AM »
There is one big problem. If you update program through gui to new version, all new features are installed automaticaly. For example when i updated from v. 12 to 17 it also install Game mode. I use minimal installation. So this want some change. User should decide what will be installed even if program is updated through gui.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 12:41:59 AM by TheOwner »

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2017, 12:53:18 AM »
For what it's worth, I have uninstalled Avast from all of my machines. Not saying I'll never be back, but I am finished with the product for the foreseeable future.

Again, these big, intrusive, ads - and especially collusion with Google Chrome - were/was the deal breaker with me. In addition, the very latest update slowed my machines down somewhat too.

It appears that Avast is headed into obscurity along with the likes of Ad Aware, and Zone Alarm.

I've been computing for many years, and I have extensive background in CNC/CAD/CAM programming and machine operations, so I know a little bit about computers and code.

Offline stibi

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2017, 10:11:39 AM »
For example when i updated from v. 12 to 17 it also install Game mode.

Another reason to stay with v.12  :)

Offline TheOwner

• Poster
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2017, 02:57:01 PM »
For example when i updated from v. 12 to 17 it also install Game mode.

Another reason to stay with v.12  :)
This is no reason because i made clean install after this anyway. Behavior shield is the most important reason why not stuck with version 12.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 03:00:15 PM by TheOwner »

REDACTED

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2017, 12:10:40 AM »
Rusty, as has been told many times...
You can disable the ads in the paid versions.

So in order to be rid of on screen nuisances you must pay....good grief can the tactics get any lower seriously..holding free usage users to ransom like this.....(so avast is saying,take  our ad shit or pay up...?).

Never ever in my life have i seen such utopian ways and means of getting people to pay for the product.I find it interesting and somewhat bizarre that avast has a modular infrastructure for everything except the virile presence of ads.

avast recommends google chrome.........?
really.......?

Perhaps a  the non fictitious collusion between google and avast is occuring.?.That just may explain the ad-bloat rearing its ugly head like a slivering viper into the program.

time will tell and hopefully the avast team will stand up and be counted and explain their divergence into the underworld.

bye for now.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2017, 12:42:32 AM »
So in order to be rid of on screen nuisances you must pay....good grief can the tactics get any lower seriously..holding free usage users to ransom like this.....(so avast is saying,take  our ad shit or pay up...?).
So what about the AV vendors that dont even offer a free AV, what do you think about that tactic?

REDACTED

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2017, 01:28:06 AM »
So what about the AV vendors that dont even offer a free AV, what do you think about that tactic?
Well those vendors seem to be more transparent with their paid products and dont offer a free av as an enticement to buy.

I have seen this cunning deception too often,,,offer just a taste of what you could have if you PAY for the full program.

As far as i can tell the new avast tactic is this:..bombard them with ads and hope to christ they buy for the sake of their sanity and their eyesight.

Chrome anyone........?
as if anyone has a choice on this forum.why dont the other browsers get an ad in this ad-infested jungle of commerce and business.