Author Topic: Passwords Disappeared on PC After Trying to Add Device?  (Read 3019 times)

Offline David1131

Passwords Disappeared on PC After Trying to Add Device?
« on: January 25, 2017, 05:26:51 AM »
Avast passwords premium was installed on my PC. I then discovered I could "add devices"

Tried to sync passwords in devices, followed instructions on website and then seemed to force/leave me to create new account and install Avast Internet Security onto my PC (even if it was already installed), but there was no option to say "it's already installed" so I just followed the lead

I found that odd but during the  asked me if I wanted to pair with old account email (so it seems that it did recognize that I already had an existing account) and so I said yes.

Installation was "successful" (but useless, as it was already installed beforehand) but now all my saved passwords are gone?

What's going on? How to recover?

Offline David1131

Re: Passwords Disappeared on PC After Trying to Add Device?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 05:27:34 AM »
*lead me to create

Offline David1131

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 06:03:37 AM »
to put in perspective:

1) I purchased Avast passwords and used without creating an Avast login (I think).
2) When I wanted to add device and sync, I needed an Avast login.
3) When I created an Avast login, it led me to add my PC (which already had Avast anti virus +  passwords installed
4) When I added my PC, it let me to install Avast Internet Security (even if it was already installed)
5) When Avast Internet Security was (re) installed, it erased all the old passwords (?). Is that what happened?

I'm not a tech (so I'm not entirely sure if what I mentioned above is exactly what happened).

Most importantly, I need HELPPPP because some of those passwords were Avast generated and I don't remember them, for very important websites like business bank accounts.

The reason I wanted to add device/sync was precisely so I wouldn't lose those passwords if ever my laptop was lost/stolen.

Offline Tomáš Hellebrand

• Avast team
  • Product owner of Avast Passwords
    • Avast Passwords
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 09:06:01 AM »
Hi David1131,

I would like to help you but I need some more details. Please contact me at hellebrand@avast.com

Thanks

Tomas Hellebrand
Product owner of Avast Passwords