Author Topic: Avast Interface Randomly Opening  (Read 4054 times)

REDACTED

Avast Interface Randomly Opening
« on: January 24, 2017, 10:38:10 PM »
Hello,

I have an issue where Avast Free will randomly open its interface, usually/always to the scan page too.

I have had this issue for a while and I have formatted my comp a while back and even after the format this issue still happends.

Is this something to worry about for me, like say is this a virus or something or is this just a harmless bug or just something harmless.

I hope I can get this awnsered for I am worried about this

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast Interface Randomly Opening
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 09:42:10 AM »
What OS/SP ?
What exact version of avast ?
Is there any other security (related) software installed ? (or was there)
Already tried a repair of avast ?
Already performed a clean installation of avast ?
etc.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 02:09:53 PM »
Hello,

I have Windows 10 Pro Version 1607

My Avast Free is uhm I have no idea really how to look, im very sorry, but it says Build 12.3.2280 (12.3.3154.23) in the settings is that what you meant?

I do have another Security Program namely Malwarebytes Premium 3.0.5

I have not tried a repair of avast or a clean installation mostly due too I thought that was already done due too I formatted and installed Windows 10 Clean not a long while back (only a week or 3 ago really) and the problem was before the format and after still. Before the format I had Windows 10 Pro Version 1511 always so it happened on multiple versions of my Windows I guess.

I have been keeping a track on it and noting when it happends and its extremely random. always at random times and always random days too. it can happen 2 days in a row or a day and then a week not and then it happends again etc.

I have done quick scans with avast and nothing was found and threat scans with malwarebytes and also nothing found.

I hope this info helps and I can be informed/helped about this

Very sorry if this is bothering in any way.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 02:10:01 PM »
Hello,

Sorry for the double post but I am getting a bit worried about it personally, blame paranoia really.

But over the last 2 days it has actually gotten more uhm common I think is the best way to put it. it has happened every day and today it happened 2 times.

I am really wondering what is causing this and if I can just fully ignore this or not. I have done a full C: scan with malwarebytes and nothing was found etc. so I am doubting it is a virus or malware causing it. but I am still worrying.

Again I am extremely sorry for bumping/double posting but I just really want to work this out.

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 03:25:15 PM »
Are you positive that there is no other antivirus program installed on your computer? A new computer usually comes with an antivirus program pre-installed. If you haven't already, go to control panel, open Programs and Features, and scroll through the installed programs.

Strange things happen when security applications occupy the same space.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 03:48:37 PM by Charyb »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 05:13:28 PM »
Sorry for the double post but I am getting a bit worried about it personally, blame paranoia really.
In case you want/need a check follow instructions: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=194892
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0