Author Topic: Problem with Syncing and GUI  (Read 3700 times)

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Problem with Syncing and GUI
« on: January 26, 2017, 09:33:12 PM »
Why are the graphs always wrong?

In the first image, on the left is Chrome browser window and on the right is Avast GUI. The second image, which is correct, is the Security Info page in the GUI.

All three of these are never in sync.

The GUI shows that I do not have Home Network Security or Secure DNS installed yet both are installed. At my.avast.com it shows these as being installed.

Neither show that Software Updater or Safezone are installed. Again, I assure you that they are installed. I suppose the graph is being used to sell the automatic Software Updater.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 10:22:48 PM by Cerberus »

Offline Terryrb

Re: Problem with Syncing and GUI
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 05:27:41 PM »
I have had a similar problem for about a year. The online status shows that my Avast antivirus is installed but turned off and that my shields are off - both are incorrect according to the status I get from the locally installed program interface. It would be nice if Avast could get to the bottom of this and fix it!

Offline Terryrb

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 09:33:04 PM »
This problem still exists - just confirmed again today. Is anybody out there actively looking into this issue?

Bueller?... Bueller?... Buelller?

Offline Denis94

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 07:41:43 AM »
Hi,
it seems that Home Network Security or Secure DNS are updated as soon as you complete a manual virus scan of the device...

At least it worked for two of my devices.
Regards.

Offline Terryrb

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 06:32:30 PM »
From my Avast account page (browser) it tells me that my Anti-Virus is installed, but disabled and that my shields are OFF. From the app running on my machine, it tells me that all is OK - shields are on and anti-virus is on. This is a problem - and it has been for YEARS!

You would think that this would be fixed by now.