Author Topic: Cannot remove corrupted installation  (Read 1482 times)

REDACTED

Cannot remove corrupted installation
« on: January 26, 2017, 08:29:30 PM »
Just bought a mini pc/tablet by Linx to use while HP laptop undergoing major surgery.

So arrived a few hours ago and after setting up windows 10 downloaded Avast - Free and then planned to insert my licenses.  As it was installing this tablet/pc froze and had to switch off by power button.

Once back on installation had stopped and when tried to install again I was told a corrupt installation already is on machine and needs to be removed and says use a file ' service something,'comes on and then goes off so quickly............so searched upside down but that file is not on machne.  Avast doesn't show up in add/remove programmes just in main programmes  and only a few files in it.

So how on earth without resetting this brand new machine can I install avast............its scary not having any antivirus or firewall on here. 

Anyone any ideas ?????

Oh yes I use ccleaner and even that has not removed the corrupt installation, ususally it sorts things like this out.

Thanks

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Cannot remove corrupted installation
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 08:49:00 PM »
You could give this a try.

Avast uninstall utility
https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 08:54:04 PM »
Make sure you also remove any preinstalled av completely before trying to install avast again.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 02:44:11 AM »
Thank you Cerberus that worked perfectly - premier now installed so feel  a bit safer plus can access my passwords, phew:)

;D

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 02:54:09 AM »
You're welcome. I'm happy it worked for you.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 02:59:09 AM by Cerberus »