Author Topic: No Pause button, can´t see the file which is scanned at the moment...  (Read 2107 times)

REDACTED

Since the new update, you can´t even pause the test. This option was included in the older versions. This is going downhill. I had to even add all my games to the exeptions list, otherwise they would have crashed (I had been receiving crash message in GTA 5, not even started up, also in SMITE). I can´t even see which file is tested at the moment like in the previous versions. I don´t care about a new GUI or a Gaming Mode... I just want a working Antivirus, which the older versions were. Why removing important things and adding not necessary things?

So my questions:
- Will be the Pause Button added in the future update?
- Will be able to see the File Tested? Because I can´t see any progress, just 0% for an hour.
- GTA 5, SMITE won´t even start up without adding them to the exeptions list. I had to add Team Fortress 2 to the exceptions list, those load times since update were killing me.
- When is going to be Avast updated?
- Is there an option to downgrade? Because this new version is a garbage.

(Using 17.1.2286 Avast Internet Security)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: No Pause button, can´t see the file which is scanned at the moment...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 06:37:52 PM »
This has been mentioned in other topics, as far as I'm aware it is acknowledged as a bug to be fixed. I don't have a date for this to  occur, but hopefully soon.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 08:27:03 PM »
This has been mentioned in other topics, as far as I'm aware it is acknowledged as a bug to be fixed. I don't have a date for this to  occur, but hopefully soon.
Which one do you mean? I posted 3 issues. Bug - Singular, which one do you mean now? Anyways, the Pause button is the base... I don´t mind when they add something new, but about removing things which are very important I feel really pissed off. Especially people who paid for the program... Is there an option for downgrade?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 09:41:18 PM »
I can't recall of the topic and its URL from memory, only that I have seen it.

I was not referring to any of your posts.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 03:34:26 PM »
I can't recall of the topic and its URL from memory, only that I have seen it.

I was not referring to any of your posts.

Ah, I got it. So in your 2 posts you just informed me, that you don´t know (like me) answer to any of my questions.
So. Is there anyone who knows the Answer? The best will be a reaction from an Avast Employee...

Let me repeat the questions...
- Will be the Pause Button added in the future update?
- Will be able to see the File Tested? Because I can´t see any progress, just 0% for an hour.
- GTA 5, SMITE won´t even start up without adding them to the exeptions list. I had to add Team Fortress 2 to the exceptions list, those load times since update were killing me.
- When is going to be Avast updated?
- Is there an option to downgrade? Because this new version is a garbage.

(Using 17.1.2286 Avast Internet Security)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 04:43:13 PM »
Only the avast team can answer your questions, for the most part those active in this forum are avast like yourself.

The fact that we have seen it being acknowledged as a bug and will be resolved, we don't have an insight as to an exact date is no less of an answer.

I will trouble you no further.