Author Topic: Avast app locking asking for pin every time  (Read 9925 times)

REDACTED

Re: Avast app locking asking for pin every time
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 05:01:46 PM »
As of 21st April I think what is happening is that if you open an app multiple times without opening any other app it doesn't ask for the pin again.  But as soon as you run anything else (whether locked or not) you have to re-enter the pin.

What at least some of us badly need is to enter the pin just once for an app (preferably once for any one app that needs locking) until the screen is locked again.  This should tell avast that it's me, and that I can used locked apps.  If there needs to be an option in avast settings to allow this, so be it.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 05:43:30 PM »
Vous êtes beaucoup plus patients que moi  :-\ . J'ai désinstallé tous produits Avast puisque le problème persiste depuis trop longtemps et qu'aucune amélioration n'a été apportée depuis!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 05:48:04 PM »
Please post English here, else use the forum section for your language.
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=21.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 10:04:52 AM »
App locking was the feature that caused me to purchase a years subscription on 4/17/2017. Then the update to avast happened on 4/20/2017 and avast no longer recognizes my subsciption. My app locking list I had set up before the update was still working until today when something made them all turn off. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the app just to be able to lock settings and play store, before I haf about 15 apps in the list. Of course it pays no attention to the fact the play store still says next payment due 4/18/2018.

I have contacted support, the only response was "we have no record of your subscription" and pretty much we're really busy and no response when I sent the play store order info.
I had to join the beta and group on g+ just to get a response about how long until this might be figured out.

Apparently it will probably be close to a month before they release a new version that includes a force subscription check button, a feature that was in v5 but someone had the foresight to remove in v6.

What happened to fast support for pro subscribers?

Android 6.0.1
Avast 6.1.2-315284-47f7c5f
Ticket id #788574
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:47:44 PM by Bill.M »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 10:43:08 AM »
Bill,

please mention your ticket ID here and I'll ask someone from avast to have a look at it.
Normal handling time for tickets is 1-5 business days (depending how busy it is, if there are holidays etc)

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2017, 05:46:21 PM »
Hi, the reason the PIN is not asked for in 100% of cases probably is that in the latest app versions the app gets locked 10 seconds after you leave it. If you re-enter it in less than 10 seconds, no PIN is required.

We are planning to extend options for app locking, hopefully in summer 2017.

However, if your app lock settings got lost after the update, we are very sorry. We would really appreciate, if you could let us know from what version to what version did you update when it happened. Thanks!

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2017, 09:34:41 PM »
Avast is not recognizing my pro subscription so I see all the ads. App locking was still working somewhat even on the version in my previous post. What caused it to disable all the apps in my list was I had to disable the 'draw over other apps' permission to grant a newly installed apps permissions. I then restarted my phone before remembering to turn back on 'draw over other apps' and after I restarted it removed all the apps in my lock list.

Check the ticket id# in my previous post it contains the subscription receipt information.

Edit: I withdrew from being a beta tester, uninstalled the app, then reinstalled when withdrawn from beta and it seems to be recognizing pro now. Its odd since it stopped working before joining the beta group.

The app lock itself works as it did before, I can create a full list. It definitely has a slower response time than the competitors lock app I was using during the interim.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:44:36 AM by Bill.M »

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2017, 10:33:06 PM »
There was a bug causing issues with subscription recognition. We are very sorry about it! If there are any other users with this problem, we would like to ask them for patience - your subscription will be restored automatically within a day or two. Thanks for understanding.