Author Topic: Avast 17.1.2286  (Read 254424 times)

Offline A. User

Re: NEW: Avast 17.1.2286
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2017, 09:27:37 PM »
After the new update, avast UI is not loading.
The error message says:
 UI Failed to Load. This is really embarrassing. Your protection is running but UI Is having a really bad day.
I would say that it had a really bad life, but that's a different topic.  ;D  Please try to run a repair. Press the Windows logo button + R simultaneously on your keyboard, type in "appwiz.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Double click on Avast and select Repair. Hope this helps.

REDACTED

Vivaldi web browser
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2017, 09:37:37 PM »
Hi, I have a small problem with the new version - it doesn't seem to scan encrypted (HTTPS) traffic in Vivaldi web browser.

I've checked with EICAR test file and the HTTP download gets blocked, but the encrypted HTTPS download is allowed and the file gets downloaded.
Since Vivaldi is based on Chrome/Chromium, I've also checked Google Chrome 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit) and the EICAR test file gets blocked on both HTTP and HTTPS connection.

I'm on Avast Free Antivirus 17.1.2286, Windows 10 (x64) Anniversary Update, Vivaldi 1.6.689.40 (Stable 32-bit).
Tell me if you need more information to reproduce this.

Offline Sugram22

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2017, 09:52:03 PM »
how i get the option run quick sac & full scan & smart scan, i don't see any of the options anywhere, where are this options?

oh god they should stop changing the UI all the time or give option each time does user want to change it or not, its annoying to learn the new UI

Offline A. User

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2017, 09:53:44 PM »
how i get the option run quick sac & full scan & smart scan, i don't see any of the options anywhere, where are this options?

oh god they should stop changing the UI all the time or give option each time does user want to change it or not, its annoying to learn the new UI
Click on Protection -> Antivirus -> Type of Scan.

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2017, 09:55:43 PM »
Hi, I have a small problem with the new version - it doesn't seem to scan encrypted (HTTPS) traffic in Vivaldi web browser.
<snip>

Please don't change the Topic's title, if you feel you have to do that then you should create a new topic.

That said, as far as I'm aware avast doesn't support the Vivaldi web browser.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Sugram22

« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2017, 09:58:13 PM »

okay

is avast identity protection service old thing that was not free before or a new thing? & do i need it? if no then how do turn it off? so far i have gotten by without it, i don't know a thing about it

i am off for today

Offline A. User

« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2017, 09:59:51 PM »

okay

is avast identity protection service old thing that was not free before or a new thing? & do i need it? if no then how do turn it off? so far i have gotten by without it, i don't know a thing about it

i am off for today
Yes, it is a new thing and it provides a behavior analysis protection. You should keep it for zero day threats protection.

REDACTED

« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2017, 10:00:22 PM »
Updated via the GUI, no issues so far.

REDACTED

« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2017, 10:06:07 PM »
<snip>

Please don't change the Topic's title, if you feel you have to do that then you should create a new topic.

That said, as far as I'm aware avast doesn't support the Vivaldi web browser.
To my understanding Avast should detect supported browsers and scan HTTPS traffic using hooks.
For "unsupported" browsers (and other applications) the connection should get intercepted, scanned and presented to the application after being encypted with Avast's own certificate, installed on the system.
At least that's how it was some (perhaps long) time ago.

Offline sj.vegetto

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2017, 10:42:52 PM »
ok so behaviour shield is the identy protection, and gamemode imo is waste it dont help game run anyfaster so i moved it one less process, Not really fan of Avast getting more and more processes either.

But I WANT to say after 3+ years of AVAST cause my system to take 45 seconds to boot, instead of 10 seconds it should take, which only did randomly and rarely this might been fix. maybe  i will find out in the coming days if it really is fixed

REDACTED

« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2017, 10:49:27 PM »
@Ben B: Had also BSOD. I deactivated Hardware virtualization support in Troubleshooting settings, afterwards the BSOD was gone.

Thanks, tried it and it did indeed stop the BSODs.
Will try enabling it again in the next version I guess.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2017, 10:57:47 PM »
Was in the talks with a dev because I also had BSOD with some specific tool. He found out a solution, it's now a matter of getting that update released to public...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline sj.vegetto

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2017, 10:59:39 PM »
is there reason why the NEW monitor module CANT be ran by the same proc that runs the other modules? why is another proc needed for just this monitor

Offline Vapor

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2017, 11:39:40 PM »
Just installed the new version of avast av pro 17.1.228 over the old one and I have to say, it feels as if the shields not filtering anything, its much improved as far is speed of web loading ( great job) I haven't tested anything else thou but if I come across a bug or issue I'm sure you will hear from me here.

I know this new "Game Mode"  that was installed by default. I don't install anything else other than (File, Web and Mail shields) I also don't play any games, but I'm wondering whether I should leave the Game mode ON or OFF any benefit or negative aspect of leaving it ON......... I'm leaning towards uninstalling it!

O...Btw. I've seen some people complaining about the new UI... I think it looks pretty good and the tray icon its need as well, something refreshing I guess the spinning ball since v4  needed some change, either way it's all good  :)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 11:50:24 PM by Vapor »

REDACTED

« Reply #74 on: February 08, 2017, 01:33:27 AM »
Hello, I am a Chinese avast advanced version of the user, I found that avast advanced version of the page protection function in the SOCKS5 proxy does not work, because the Chinese users need to use a proxy server to access google, facebook, youtube and so on. I hope the official to fix this problem, so that when he used the proxy to work properly, able to scan through the proxy server pages and other data, now Kaspersky has this feature.