Author Topic: Avast 17.1.2286  (Read 244960 times)

Offline giova

Re: NEW: Avast 17.1.2286
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2017, 06:26:51 PM »
Avast free updated via automatic. I really not even noticed.

My pc works fine. (Vista 32 - Comodo Firewall - Firefox 51.0.1 32bit - Win def and fw disabled)

I've got same bug about click details after smart scan (scan restart) and also i have not Avast sounds anymore. Sometimes GUI does not refresh correctly. Can not resize it.

I'll wait some day then i'll try a clean install.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 07:19:28 PM by giova »

Offline jacques.subileau

« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2017, 06:38:46 PM »
Sorry folks buts the new release doesn't work on vista sp2. UI fails to load.  Attempting to start service manually results in "Error 5: Access is denied".  Repair did NOT work.  Same problem following restart after repair.
It was exactly the same the last time Avast updated his program (last august I think). They had to update the new release and then it worked fine. So I hope they realize that people are having problem under vista with this release and will correct it
Main: Win10 Family 20H2 64bit / Core i7-6500 2.5GHz / 8GB RAM / Avast free 21.2
Other: Win10 Family 20H2 64bit / Core i5-7200 2.5GHz / 8GB RAM / Avast free 21.2

Offline suk

• Avast team
« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2017, 06:46:19 PM »
Ok guys
Just done a clean install of avast premier and my laptop wont shut down?
Every time I click shut down my laptop reboots instead/ I uninstalled Avast and the issue went away!
I have also it flags comodo firewall as a conflict ( yes I have avast firewall disabled!!)
Any help??

Can you check if installing new version of comodo helps?
See
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=196471.msg1365399#msg1365399

Offline giova

« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2017, 06:46:50 PM »
Sorry folks buts the new release doesn't work on vista sp2. UI fails to load.  Attempting to start service manually results in "Error 5: Access is denied".  Repair did NOT work.  Same problem following restart after repair.
It was exactly the same the last time Avast updated his program (last august I think). They had to update the new release and then it worked fine. So I hope they realize that people are having problem under vista with this release and will correct it
Sorry but it works for me (Vista 32 sp2). UI is slow to load.

Offline Ludwig5

« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2017, 07:25:18 PM »
I can indeed confirm the bug with Smart scan and that when you click on more info message it rescans.

REDACTED

Avast 17.1.2286 - Issue when restoring settings
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2017, 08:13:08 PM »
The new version of Avast upgraded seemingly flawless on my computer (Win7 Pro SP1 & CRP), but I found an issue with the restore settings dialog:

When opening a .avastconfig-file created with Avast 17, the following dialog window doesn't show me components to select/deselect. Choosing Continue does not apply the saved settings.

This doesn't happen when selecting a .avastconfig-file created with a prior version of Avast.

As a workaround, I can open such an old file, click Abort, and then select a file created with Avast 17 (without closing the UI window in between) to get the dialog working properly.

Offline A. User

« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2017, 08:17:51 PM »
I can indeed confirm the bug with Smart scan and that when you click on more info message it rescans.
Such things happen when they cannot wait for a proper Release Candidate.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Avast 17.1.2286 - Issue when restoring settings
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2017, 08:24:45 PM »
The new version of Avast upgraded seemingly flawless on my computer (Win7 Pro SP1 & CRP), but I found an issue with the restore settings dialog:

When opening a .avastconfig-file created with Avast 17, the following dialog window doesn't show me components to select/deselect. Choosing Continue does not apply the saved settings.

This doesn't happen when selecting a .avastconfig-file created with a prior version of Avast.

As a workaround, I can open such an old file, click Abort, and then select a file created with Avast 17 (without closing the UI window in between) to get the dialog working properly.

Yeah, I've noticed that as well. New settings backup file doesn't work at all. It just doesn't list components for which settings are stored in it. But if you run a settings backup file from older version, cancel importing of settings and open the new one again, all of a sudden it works fine.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

REDACTED

« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2017, 08:28:38 PM »
Same ol uninstall issues  >:(
There are many leftovers in the registry. Your so called utility simply doesn't work.
After so many years of programming, you are not able to create a simple tool. Well, that speaks volumes! I'm going to restore an old image, but won;t ever use that joke of a software again.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 08:38:01 PM by pua25124 »

Offline rocksteady

• Super Poster
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2017, 08:48:34 PM »
OK, updated over previous beta and found settings window is now a bit smaller ;D
The OK and Cancel button barely fit my 1366x768 display, nice.

Agree,
The new GUI is awful and retrograde step from last version that was simple to navigate menus. The black main window is too big.
Full scan fails to indicate progress, sits at 0%. At least before you could see files being scanned. I found scan had finished only by looking at history. If you minimise during full scan progress also shows 0%. This on Win10.

Ed

Offline cruiser25

« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2017, 09:03:53 PM »
Did install the new version yesterday through the avast UI and that worked fine. But it takes considerably longer time to start up my laptop than with the old version. And when you done a smart scan you get a notification and if you click on the information tab it just takes you back to the smart scan and starts over again. Hopefully this issues will be fixed in the near future. Have not tried the other scan options yet but hopefully they will work without problems. As for the new layout one will get used to it. Looking forward to see how this new version scores in AV-test and AV-comparatives real world protection tests. The old version got fine results in the later tests. Maybe not so god on performance, odd as this is one thing avast says that it´s lighter than ever on your system. Maybe the new version scores better ? Time will tell.

REDACTED

« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2017, 10:02:47 PM »
@croftypedro:
I Did a clean install. I uninstalled Avast using the Avast uninstall Tool. After reinstalling avast hasn't asked any account credentials

Hi helmar

I worded my reply wrongly.

What I meant was I have same issue as you. No account credentials.

But everything else is working okay.

Sorry for misunderstanding reply on my part :-\

REDACTED

« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2017, 11:33:26 PM »
OK. I have 9 systems & 5 of them have updated to the new version of avast. I use the free version as these systems are my kids computers at their mums & at mine. Anyways. 4 of the 5 systems updated & then refused to boot into windows correctly. Services just didn't respond nor would running programs open. All 4 prevented me from uninstalling avast from Cpanel & even opening start up to disable programs didn't work. System continued to boot exactly the same. The only way I could get back into the systems was intentionally resetting windows mid load to get the diagnostic to start up. Select start up option & load into safe mode that way. Uninstalled Avast & rebooted & the system's started perfectly fine.

To rule out anything else. I re installed the latest version & rebooted. The same error's happened & nothing responded. So I repeated steps to recover & I downloaded the previous version. Installed & rebooted & all working perfectly fine. Rebooted 10 times & all spot on. So, I updated via avast software & rebooted. Bam problems back!

This isn't the first time Avast has caused these kinds of errors! I'm quite frankly getting fed up with it!

Offline Tobur

« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2017, 11:36:45 PM »
On Windows 10 the New Avast(17.1.2286) Settings are sometimes inaccessible as they are at the bottom left and it is necessary to hide the taskbar to access them. There seems to be no option to reduce the Avast  window.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 11:46:25 PM by Tobur »

Offline TheOwner

• Poster
« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2017, 12:02:00 AM »
After clean install, all default exceptions from File System Shield are gone. It is bug or it is no loger needed? There were items like pagefile, *txt ....