Author Topic: 17.1.2286 UI Failed to load. AV Service is not responding  (Read 201408 times)

Offline IByte

• Software developer
Re: 17.1.2286 UI Failed to load. AV Service is not responding
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2017, 11:25:34 PM »
Running installation repair from the Control Panel seems to have restored my Avast to working order. Thanks.

This isn't exactly the first Avast update to fail on me. They appear to be notoriously bad at creating update installers.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2017, 11:31:04 PM »
Running installation repair from the Control Panel seems to have restored my Avast to working order. Thanks.

This isn't exactly the first Avast update to fail on me. They appear to be notoriously bad at creating update installers.
Usually the result of a bad installer download.
I always download the off-line installer.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

REDACTED

« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2017, 10:20:15 PM »
Good day/night. I'm having this same problem, but with the 17.3.2291 update, that I installed yesterday.
I'm having the issue in my netbook (Windows XP Professional 32 bit service pack 3)
So far I tried:
Using the -repair- option from the program list under control panel
A clean re-installation (actually 2) for which I:
1.- unninstaled from control panel- reboot
2.- use the avast clean tool- reboot in safe mode to let it do its thing- reboot
3.- removed manually the avast folder that was still on program files
4.- Used CCleaner to fix the registry- reboot
5.- Installed avast from the offline package (previously downloaded)- reboot

And I still have this problem. Since avast seems to being working normally on the background, I guess I can wait until a patch fix this (because its working normally on the background, RIGHT?) But I'm really concerned. This small netbook is very dear to me (Its the first computer I bought with my own money) and I take pride on how its still working nicely... and depends on avast for its security, since it doesn't have OS support...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 10:22:10 PM by ignizd »

Offline Tobur

« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2017, 02:35:17 PM »
I have read every post I could find on this subject (Windows XP SP3 Avast Free update to 17.3.2291 - UI failed to load etc.). I have tried ALL  the suggested solutions to no avail. The previous poster says they can wait for a patch to fix this - but my simple question at this point is - is there or will there be a patch to solve the problem or should we just abandon Avast? I have posted elsewhere under Problems with XP SP3 but despite hundreds of views there is no solution offered that works.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2017, 03:17:01 PM »
Views doesn't mean those viewing have the same problem, they are views, nothing can be read into it than that.

You will see by my signature that my main system is XP Pro SP3 and I have always been on the latest version (currently running the latest beta version) and I have never come across this problem.  I dare say I'm not alone in this issue (nor are you), with this kind of inconsistency does make it harder to pin down.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2017, 04:50:32 PM »
Yeah, I'm one of you with huuuge headaches in these days, thanks to Avast.

Running Windows XP Sp3 all updated and never a problem, I've been having every problem with the last 2 releases of Avast.
First of all "The UI failed to load" all the time, even after a clear uninstall (with the Avast tool) and multiple re-installations with the offline installer.
Every now and then I also get a blue screen of death while booting and I have to reboot in safe mode and uninstall Avast to solve the problem.

It's a mess, I don't know what's going on but I only give Avast a few days more before switching to another Antivirus.
They say they'll support XP for the next 2 years but in this conditions it is better to stop it now and officially saying it.

Offline Tobur

« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2017, 05:00:33 PM »
Thanks David R for your very reasonable reply - My question, which remains unanswered, is - can we expect a fix for the problem at some stage?

"In a contemplative fashion, and a tranquil frame of mind,
Free from every kind of passion, some solution let us find.

Gilbert & Sullivan (The Gondoliers)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 05:02:59 PM by Tobur »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2017, 06:21:41 PM »
Thanks David R for your very reasonable reply - My question, which remains unanswered, is - can we expect a fix for the problem at some stage?
<snip>

Unfortunately as an avast user like yourself, I cant answer that.

But in general bugs are resolved, though the time frame may not be as fast as those effected would like.

I just wonder if Generating an avast! support package would help pin it down - Instructions how to Generate an avast! support package see: https://www.avast.com/en-us/faq.php?article=AVKB33#artTitle.

EDIT: Since this topic started early in February and we have had a few small updates anyone not using 17.3.2291 should update the program.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 06:33:32 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Tobur

« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2017, 06:32:28 PM »
Thanks again - does the support package apply  to 'cheapskates' like myself using Avast Free? !!

Offline Tobur

« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2017, 11:08:28 PM »
Just saw Avast page https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB268 where it describes Failure to load UI as a 'resolved issue' - which it certainly IS NOT.
Really infuriating!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2017, 11:47:38 PM »
Thanks again - does the support package apply  to 'cheapskates' like myself using Avast Free? !!

As far as I'm aware it is, it is in effect of potential benefit to all users (paid of free) if it leads to a resolution of a problem.

REDACTED

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2017, 07:35:26 AM »
This is, and it is an issue that MOST of us are experiencing, INCLUDING myself, as I have experienced this problem as well, and I, too am running Windows XP Service Pack 3 on a Dell Precision M6400 with an Intel Dual-Core processor.

Current specs:

Dell Precision M6400 Mobile Workstation

OS:  Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3 (version 2002)
RAM:  2 GB
Processor:  Intel Pro-Duo Core P8600 @ 2.40 GHz, 1.50 GHz
Video/Graphics Card:  NVIDIA Quadro

My laptop also has TWO internal hard drives, 500 GB for the OS and programs, and a 2 TB for storage.

When I received the update, I, TOO experienced this issue.  -I thinking it was my resolution settings, (as I am comfortable with 800x600 as I am legally blind) I changed it to 1280x720 to no avail.

I've tried the repair function, AND ran AvastClear in SAFE MODE (as that is the recommendation, according to Avast Software's site) and I STILL experienced the error in question.

The PROBLEM isn't, or at least SHOULDN'T have anything to do with limitations, put by an operating system, but the program's SERVICES RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND.

NORMALLY, this would call for a ROLLBACK, but that requires having an OFFLINE INSTALLER on deck to perform the rollback, and not many have access an offline installer.  In fact, I had to LOOK AROUND for the last release in order to install it with my WiFi settings disabled, in order to change some settings BEFORE updating my virus definitions, while KEEPING my copy of Avast 12.3.2280 without getting updated to the current build.

I am sure Avast's developing team is aware of the problem, but we've yet to find a proper solution, that has so many users wailing in despair over their Graphical UI not performing properly.

REDACTED

« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2017, 05:48:04 AM »
I have had the same issue on two different machines. Laptop with XP Pro Sp3 and a desktop XP Home Sp3.  I am currently using Avast version 17.1.2286 as it is the newest one that I can down load as an offline file and get to work.  It does seem to be able to use the latest virus definition signatures. 

The key to getting this to work is first down load version 17.1.2286 form this site. http://orbitaldownloads.com/avast-antivirus_17.1.2286/

After downloading disconnect form the internet by disabling connection.  The reason for disconnecting is after install Avast will try to immediately update program and virus definitions.

Once program is installed. Open Avast user interface. Go to settings. Go to update. Click settings under program and set to manual. This will prevent Avast from updating to XP incompatible version.

You can update to latest virus signatures. After updating signatures if you go to the main UI screen you will see a message.
(There are a couple of things to fix) and a button (Fix All). Do not hit fix all. This will also update program to latest version and you'll be back to same issue.

Hopefully Avast will get around to fixing this issue.  In the meantime this should help for those that want to stay with Avast for time being.

REDACTED

« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2017, 02:00:35 PM »
Thanks very much for that, Robert759. I followed your instructions and everything's now working after a few relapses; the same UI warning came up a couple of times and then sorted itself out. The new installation wouldn't accept my licence but the activation code did the trick. I ended up with Version 17.3.2291 for some reason, btw.
(Running Windows 7 Ultimate.)

REDACTED

« Reply #89 on: April 14, 2017, 05:23:04 AM »
The majority of these complaints seem to be from people like myself who are running Windows XP. I also have the same problem and am starting to feel a bit paranoid. I'm sorry that I have no practical advice to offer. I've tried everything suggested but have gotten nowhere. Where are you Avast??