Author Topic: 17.1.2286 UI Failed to load. AV Service is not responding  (Read 201795 times)

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
Re: 17.1.2286 UI Failed to load. AV Service is not responding
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2017, 03:24:39 PM »
The majority of these complaints seem to be from people like myself who are running Windows XP. I also have the same problem and am starting to feel a bit paranoid. I'm sorry that I have no practical advice to offer. I've tried everything suggested but have gotten nowhere. Where are you Avast??
Since most of these problems are XP related, there's another problem.
Lack of support since for most of us, XP is ancient history and also no longer supported by MS. and many other large companies.

Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline alicia.rose

« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2017, 09:55:12 PM »
The majority of these complaints seem to be from people like myself who are running Windows XP. I also have the same problem and am starting to feel a bit paranoid. I'm sorry that I have no practical advice to offer. I've tried everything suggested but have gotten nowhere. Where are you Avast??

Is the new version of Avast still compatible with XP?

Avast Team Lisandro:

"Yes, it's compatible. Some users are experiencing issues in the latest beta while loading the UI. Clean installation could help. Developers acknowledged the issue. We need patience..."

Asyn said on April 10th regarding Avast that XP will be supported for another 2 years.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 09:57:30 PM by alicia.rose »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2017, 10:06:03 PM »
Why asking if you already know the answer ?

Offline alicia.rose

« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2017, 10:12:47 PM »
I'm not asking Eddy....but other XP users are.

chapelgrove1 said: "Where are you Avast?"

I've written the question for those other users who are feeling abandoned and given the answer.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2017, 10:40:14 PM »
Lisandro's answer is not let's say entirely accurate.

Can the latest avast version be installed on systems that run Windows XP SP3?
Yes, but only if the CPU supports the SSE2 instruction set.

Will everything work ?
No, certain parts of the latest avast version will not work because of the limitations of the OS.

Can there be a problem with the UI ?
Yes, there sure can be as the many reports about it on this webboard (and other places).
I don't know why but it can be the combination avast + certain hardware and/or drivers for it as the reports about the problem are all the combination of avast and Windows XP/SP3.

Offline alicia.rose

« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2017, 10:52:58 PM »
Thanks for the info Eddy.

The UI works on my XP SP3 / SSE2 system.

"behavior shield is supported on XP."

From another topic regarding suspected limitations of os / what is not supported on XP.

Asyn: "Provide a link and I/we can confirm/deny it."

REDACTED

« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2017, 03:13:35 PM »
Updated and got UI failed to load and locked up Vista. Spent hours rebooting, doing system restores, Avast repair, clean installs even in safe mode (uninstalling with IOBit Uninstaller (which opens Avast repair/modify/uninstall) > powerful scan/delete all should be sufficient right?) and nothing worked so finally uninstalled for good until this bug gets fixed. I know Vista sucks but for now I use an old pc with it for surfing and as a backup.

Also have an older XP machine and the update works fine there.

REDACTED

« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2017, 03:25:49 PM »
Running XP SP3
10 year user of AVAST, after latest update ...

UI fails to load "this is embarrassing" ....

SOLUTION after clean unininstall and many reboots FAILED ?

Use Bitdefender, all works fine !

REDACTED

« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2017, 07:26:37 PM »
OS is XP_SP3. The Avast Internet Security version 17.3.2291 send bad message: "UI Failed to load. This is really embarassing. AV Service is not responding". Please, give me a solution or return my money.

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2017, 07:58:18 PM »
hi
don't know if it can help but I had the same problem on my windows xp after updating avast
I noticed that a windows service had started badly, or had deactivated (I do not know very well), so please check your services and in particular "terminal server"
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=200547.msg1385839#msg1385839

REDACTED

« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2017, 01:54:00 PM »
I stand corrected. Now my XP machine has this GUI problem. I clicked update in the tray menu and check out the date in the screen shot. System date is correct. Then I clicked the update program button and got "The interface is unknown" popup.

REDACTED

« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2017, 12:15:49 PM »
Hey..
I am also Dell M6400 user and have a great solution for you.
For a repair of avast. Windows, Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button from the pop-up window, scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.
I HOPE this might work for you. If not then you can ask experts for help.
For more information and support visit Dell Precision M6400 Manual- guideusermanual.com/product-name-precision-m6400-manual&po=344511&lang=English. Good Luck.

Offline longtimelistener

« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2017, 06:07:11 PM »
Just wanting to say "me too"... in my case I am on Windows 8.1 with an AMD A8-based Lenovo g50 laptop. I created a support case. Went through all kinds of uninstall / reinstall / safe mode steps. After finally using avastclear.exe in safe mode to uninstall, and then went back to normal to reinstall, it seemed to be okay, until I started running a scan and then finally got the "UI Failed to load. This is really embarrassing. AV Service is not responding."  Many year user of avast, have been using paid for some time.

If support comes through I'll comment again.

REDACTED

« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2017, 04:22:47 PM »
I had the same problems and after countless reinstalls of both Avast ans XP itself i finally fixed it by making sure that the Terminal Services service in my XP machine is up and running before performing a clean install using the offline installer.
It appears that if the service is set to manual it won't start when called by Avast and without it Avast won't function properly, so make sure it's set on Automatic and up before installing Avast.
On a funny note, you can easily reproduce the issue just by shutting down this service - the UI will instantly refuse to load even if 5 minutes ago was functioning without a hitch.

REDACTED

« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2017, 05:48:19 AM »
Today I booted up my XP machine and Avast (free version) auto installed an update and said I had to reboot. After rebooting, the UI issue seems to have been resolved. UI loads normally and shows version 17.4.2294 release date 5/3/2017 so that release must include the fix? I haven't tried to install Avast on my Vista machine again yet.