Author Topic: 3 versus 4 shields  (Read 2263 times)

Offline priestlucas123

3 versus 4 shields
« on: February 07, 2017, 08:14:44 PM »
Under the Protection tab, it shows File Shield, Web Shield and Mail Shield, but Settings / Components there is also something new called Behavior Shield.

Shouldn't these two places show the same number of shields?

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: 3 versus 4 shields
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 08:21:59 PM »
Yeah, well, I've told them the same thing, but due to time constraints, they were unable to redesign it the way we wanted. This should change in march, early April when they are rolling in new interface changes and updates. If all goes as planned. No info on exact design they are going to use. I've sent them several designs, not sure which path they are going to take...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: 3 versus 4 shields
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 08:30:56 PM »
The Behaviour Shield is a little like an extension of the File System Shield. I guess it has some settings that are unique to it so not kept within the File System Shield or General for that matter.

That said I believe they could just add another section within the File System Shield settings.

I wonder if it isn't a marketing thing having another quasi Shield.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security