Author Topic: Windows XP, Excel 2003 sharing violation  (Read 10221 times)

Offline brett45

Re: Windows XP, Excel 2003 sharing violation
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 11:55:35 AM »
The setup shouldn't be a problem.

If you haven't done so already, submit a ticket as DavidR suggested.

As per my previous post, I have already submitted a ticket but got the below reply.

We’re sorry, but we can’t seem to find a record of your license in our system. (because I am using the free edition)

If you use Avast Free Antivirus, please visit the FAQ section of our website or the Avast community forum.

#goingroundincircles  >:(

Offline brett45

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 12:13:15 PM »
Once again, standard reply from support.  No licence number no support!!!

How the hell are you supposed to advise AVAST there is a bug with their apparently "new and improved" version.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 01:59:20 PM »
I have requested clarification on the use of the support ticket system for avast free users.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline brett45

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2017, 09:14:36 AM »
I have requested clarification on the use of the support ticket system for avast free users.

Any news DavidR?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 11:28:00 AM »
Sorry no direct response, but I didn't expect that as much as hoping it would be confirmed or not in the topic.

I still wonder if you used the correct form that I mentioned https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new?form=3 as on that form there is nowhere it asks for a license no/order id, etc. So I don't know how they would search for your license.

In looking at that form page again, I see a link for 'Terms Of Support Service' a .pdf file, I can't recall that being present the last time I looked.

That said I have seen in another topic about someone using the wrong source requesting technical support and that is for paid versions only.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline brett45

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 11:40:09 AM »
Sorry no direct response, but I didn't expect that as much as hoping it would be confirmed or not in the topic.

I still wonder if you used the correct form that I mentioned https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new?form=3 as on that form there is nowhere it asks for a license no/order id, etc. So I don't know how they would search for your license.

In looking at that form page again, I see a link for 'Terms Of Support Service' a .pdf file, I can't recall that being present the last time I looked.

That said I have seen in another topic about someone using the wrong source requesting technical support and that is for paid versions only.

I can confirm I submitted the form from your supplied link.
I got a reply within minutes stating "We’re sorry, but we can’t seem to find a record of your license in our system."
 :-\

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 11:47:06 AM »
From that PDF :
SUPPORT FEES and PERIOD :
Unless indicated otherwise, the Support described in this Support Policy is included with YOUR subscription to the applicable Avast Services at no additional charge. The Support in this Support Policy is  available at the start of YOUR subscription to Avast Services and ends upon the expiration or termination of YOUR Avast Services subscription.
As I read it, avast only gives free support to paying customers. (with the exception if they help here on this webboard?) ???

On a note :
I am seeing the amount of complaints about support rising.

EDU license user submitted a ticket on 25 January 2017
I've tried to get someone from avast to have a look at it on 9 February 2017
User still hasn't gotten any response at all >:(

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 03:13:37 PM »
I've also alerted someone. No guarantees but, we are trying.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2017, 12:40:05 AM »
Just registered to report that I have similar issues:

WinXP SP3, Word 2003, happens only after the latest update.

When I open a document stored on a *network share* in Word 2003 by double-clicking it in Explorer, Word open some *.tmp file instead. Maybe because I have the option to temporarily store network files locally turned on.

When I turn this Word option off, the file opens, but saving it gives me an error message saying that Word is unable to delete its latest backup copy.

When I do nothing but simply open a file, close Word, and open that file again, Word says that the file is in use and cannot be opened.

When I go to Avast's prefs for the realtime scanner and turn the option to scan documents on opening off, most of these issues no longer occur. (However, Word still leaves a ~$... file in the document's folder when I open a file and then close Word.)

I /have/ to work with an XP installation and Word 2003 every day, so my only choice ATM was to replace Avast. After that, all of the above issues were gone.

Offline brett45

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2017, 09:21:12 AM »
FYI

I have had a response from AVAST support after submitting a support ticket and they have requested a support tool package.  I have submitted this and support have responded with:

Many thanks for providing me this, I will contact you as soon as possible. I will consult with our second level team.

Lets hope they can resolve this.

mb42:
I would advise starting a new thread or contacting support via the below link so your problem can be identified as a separate bug.  :)

https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new?form=3

Offline brett45

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2017, 09:23:26 AM »
Just received this from AVAST support.

Our team is releasing a new update on Friday. They have requested if you could update your Avast when this is released and see if this resolves this for you.

I look forward to your response,

The Avast Support Team

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2017, 10:08:55 AM »
@    brett45

Thanks for the feedback, hopefully come Friday your problem should be over.

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2017, 01:04:54 PM »
A Japanese user reported the same issue. I told him/her to wait some time, hopefully the issue will be resolved with next release.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2017, 11:09:14 AM »
I can confirm I am also experiencing this problem with Office files in network shares.

I can work with Office files locally with no problem, but whenever I try to modify a file from a shared folder in another computer and save it, I get a "Word cannot completely save the document. Check for permissions...." and it creates a.tmp file that I cannot delete since is blocked by another process. No need to say that I have full permissions in that folder (both share an NTFS permissions), in fact, I can create in that same folder a new file, but cannot edit&save an existing one.

Disabling "Filesystem shield" solves the problem, but obviously is not a solution.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 11:11:39 AM by Amestu »

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2017, 12:53:48 PM »
Has anything been fixed in this regard? For me, the issues I posted in comment #23 still occur -- even with the new version build 17.2.3419.0 from Feb 27.