Author Topic: Huge window cannot be modified and Source file size  (Read 1276 times)

REDACTED

Huge window cannot be modified and Source file size
« on: February 08, 2017, 03:22:32 PM »
The new version is Windows 10 compliant in its design. I am running Windows 7 Pro. This means that the page will be a square edged shape.  There is no way to change the size and it is simply too large for my computer.  Anything that fills more than 60% of the screen is wrong.  What is odd is that one of the sub screens can be reduced in size.  This is true for both Windows 7 & 10.
I called AVAST and the support person wanted to check my machine.  I told him that was not needed as this is a coding problem. He insisted that he needed to check anyway.  What he really wanted to do was sell me a paid version - which i do not and do not want or need.  His tech reply to my inquiry was resolved to the extent that he took my question/complaint under advisement.  I suspect that someone will see that the screen is indeed overwhelming and fix it.
My other thought relates to to program size.  Take a good look folks - it is 667 Megs for the Free version without all of the "components" installed actively.
It is my experience that it makes no difference whether you install 'clean' or upgrade that the size issue exists.  You will get a screen about Subscription if a clean install which will reset you expiration date for a new 1 year run.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Huge window cannot be modified and Source file size
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 07:01:18 PM »
You will get a screen about Subscription if a clean install which will reset you expiration date for a new 1 year run.
No, you will not if you perform a clean installation of the latest version.
The free avast version doesn't require registration since several versions.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=196445.0

REDACTED

Re: Huge window cannot be modified and Source file size
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 10:34:21 PM »
Eddy:  I respectfully disagree.  What I said is correct.  If you do a clean install and then open the Subscription panel it will give you the option to register.  The process used is automatic and does NOT require you to link your e-mail account.  This applies to version 17 and its new formatting.
-30-