Author Topic: New Avast Installation failed !!  (Read 3196 times)

REDACTED

New Avast Installation failed !!
« on: February 08, 2017, 12:41:25 AM »
Hi

I have Windows 7 32 bit. and it has run nicely with Avast and Malwarebytes for about 3 years. Today the new Avast downloaded and now Avast will not instal. ........Now here is the rub....... I have Windows XP with Malwarebytes and Avast NEW installation and that works ok. I also have Win 7 64 bit. with Malwarebytes and the NEW Avast installed and working. So why has Win 7 32 bit been left out in the cold?
I have uninstalled it and rebooted and downloaded it again and it goes through trying to fix the problem. Then it comes back and says that the 'malware program is incompatible'. Strange the other computers are ok with both programs running together.  I did notice that the first time it tried to install it stopped/froze. That's why I uninstalled it after it tried to repair itself.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: New Avast Installation failed !!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 09:29:43 AM »
Disable Malwarebytes from running in real time and see if it makes a difference.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 10:10:24 AM »
After uninstallling and cleaning the registry – I have now installed the Avast but comes with this message :

There could be issues if you have two anti-viruses installed we're going to go into passive mode to avoid any trouble. While passive, you can still run scans are in use and other features but Malwarebytes is in charge of active protection.

So I continued and then get a message saying :

You have another antivirus program (Malwarebytes) installed on this computer. It if you turn off passive mode with Malwarebytes deal on your computer, will get in each other's way. Uninstall it now to avoid any issues. Do you want to turn off passive mode anyway?

So I  have changed this to active.

As I see it, there were no flags/messages when XP and Windows 64bit computers changes to the new version. So why is there a problem with Window 7 32 bit?
Furthermore, Malwarebytes is not an Antivirus so why should Avast decide not to protect my computer just because it is narked at another anti-malware program. Malwarebytes has lived along side Avast for years so is this more than co-existence and more to do with market share?
So I am not happy that just one of my computers is in need of looking for another antivirus program because I cant now run Avast.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 10:32:35 AM »
It is caused by Malwarebytes.
It is not just a "PUP" scanner anymore but also a av.

https://blog.kaspersky.com/multiple-antivirus-programs-bad-idea/2670/

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 09:51:23 AM »
I dont know where you get that idea from MalwareBytes is not an anti virus program it is basically a program designed to detect and remove infections that most antivirus programs tend to miss or are unable to remove. MalwareBytes is designed to work along side your existing antivirus software , not conflict or compete with it . So, if there is now a problem with Avast installation its because Avast is trying to replicate Malwarebytes! Not the other way around.