Author Topic: after update,avast's function conflict with mactype,it makes most exe can't RUN  (Read 4756 times)

Offline leon0319

can not speak English well,just have a try

when my avast update to ver 17.1.2286,i found it's function(IDP?Behavioral Protection?)conflict with mactype( https://github.com/snowie2000/mactype )& mactype's patch ( http://silight.hatenablog.jp/entry/MacTypePatch ) which made most exe(include ie) can not run usually

i have to stopped IDP or mactype for this conflict

looks like a similar problem found at AVG ( https://support.avg.com/answers?id=906b0000000DOkiAAG

fixed this problem quickly please ,i stopping IDP current

avast:free

i'm sorry i can't speak the problem more detailed by english

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
There are forums in other languages than English > https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=21.0
Perhaps one of them is easier for you.

Offline leon0319

There are forums in other languages than English > https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=21.0
Perhaps one of them is easier for you.

thanks,but seems there was no one reply in chinese~so i have to report/ask in english :'(

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
Hello leon0319, welcome to the forums.

Is the error message the same as the topic at AVG (i.e. "BEX" in your case)?
If not, what does the error say?
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Offline leon0319

said nothing~when mactype and the function were both enable,if i ran a program,just only seem it's process does not appeared at all,or appeared at Task Manager then auto closed,little of programs could show a window/UI(example IE11)before their shut down
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 11:44:35 PM by leon0319 »

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Must be a compatibility issue, inherited from AVG.
For a workaround, try changing MacType settings (I suppose you can select "Service", "Registry", "Standalone" and "Compatibility" mode) and see the results.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Offline leon0319

Must be a compatibility issue, inherited from AVG.
For a workaround, try changing MacType settings (I suppose you can select "Service", "Registry", "Standalone" and "Compatibility" mode) and see the results.

tried changing mode by mactype wizard,seemed useless

disabled IDP and waiting for the repair

and anyway,thank you

REDACTED

bump , any respond from avast team ? look like mactype crash with avast 2017

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
I reported this topic to the devs, hopefully some devs will look into it.

Offline leon0319

ver.17.2.2288 wasn't fixed the promblem~keep waiting :'(

REDACTED

This happened to me, too.

Everytime I start mactype, my computer with avast stopped responding to any apps/programs. None of these apps/programs could be loaded. What's  worse is that even avast UI could not be loaded. This experience disappeared after I stop either avast or mactype.

This happened to both of my windows (all windows 10 14393.693, x64) devices with these two software installed and running simultaneously (desktop: Dell Optiplex 9020, i7-4790, 24G of Ram, R5-240, 500G HDD, with dell P2416D as monitor;  Laptop: Gigabyte aero 14 v7 with i7-7700HQ, 32G of Ram, GTX-1060, 512G SSD.)

For me, I am keeping mactype running in my desktop, and replaced avast with bitdefender, due to the suboptimal user experience of font rendering of windows for non-English content. While in my laptop, I am keeping Avast running and  mactype uninstalled based on my comparison of battery life under different AVs  ( it seems the battery life is not that much compromised when using avast, comparing with other AVs such as avira, bitdefender, etc.)

I would greatly appreciate it if this problem could be fixed, given that mactype is widely used in asia area.

said nothing~when mactype and the function were both enable,if i ran a program,just only seem it's process does not appeared at all,or appeared at Task Manager then auto closed,little of programs could show a window/UI(example IE11)before their shut down
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 08:59:07 AM by Hui »