Author Topic: [Release] Avast Mac Security 12.4  (Read 15414 times)

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
[Release] Avast Mac Security 12.4
« on: February 09, 2017, 02:38:51 PM »
Good news!
We are happy to announce that we released new update of our Mac Security product.

What's new:
- improved Home Network Security scan
- UI tune up in the installer
- other security fixes and improvements...

You can update to the latest version from Preferences > Updates with the "Update now" button in Program section.
Installer of the latest build is available at http://download.ff.avast.com/mac/avast_free_mac_security_online.dmg
Full changelog at http://download.ff.avast.com/mac/changelog.html

We hope that you enjoy the new version!
AVAST Team
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 10:31:13 AM by lukas.hasik »
Quality is also a feature.

REDACTED

Re: [Release] Avast Mac Security 12.4
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 10:53:00 PM »
Is there a way to enable the safari extension for Avast Mac Security 12.4 or did you do away with the safari extension?

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 12:48:47 AM »
Is there a way to enable the safari extension for Avast Mac Security 12.4 or did you do away with the safari extension?

Unfortunately, the existing Safari extension works only on OSX 10.9.
We are analyzing other ways how to provide the functionality to our users.

@hotappl - what functionality are you looking for?
Quality is also a feature.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 12:30:26 AM »
Can you mass email Mac users when you have an update for the Safari Extension for OS Sierra?

Thank you!

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 06:13:01 AM »
Hey I am having a problem, my computer was just working fine, I was doing some homework and when i tried to save the inflection blocked pop up started. I ran the avast and it is giving me VBS malware gen or something for things like spotlight imovies and other applications and files. Do you know why is this happening?  It's freaking me out.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 09:25:31 AM »
Similar to user 'poweravas4' I am also experiencing mass detection of VBS Malware Gen today on my mac today.

Ton's of files that should be kosher are getting flagged, such as photos I've had for years. Also conformed audio files from Adobe Premier CC 2015.3 and 2017 ( many .cfa files). I.e. files that have been generated locally during the course of my work and could not be an infected download.

So I'm running a scan on all my volumes (of which there are many as I'm a video editor and have a fuck ton of volumes mounted all the time).

So far it's all just VBS: Malware Gen, so I'm thinking this is a series of false positives. So please help sort this out, as it's obviously disconcerting.

Thank you!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 03:42:59 AM »
First of all, my Avast Mac shows it is version 12.5
So should a new forum be started?

I have a number of problems since first successfully running the program a few weeks ago.

1. many files in my report will not move to the chest as they are "not found"
2. items in my chest will not delete, as both the delete and the restore button offer to restore the selected files
3. scheduled scans will not complete, as I get a "disconnected from server" notice, even though I am not losing my internet connection
4. my current scan does not complete, even though it has hit 100%. The file count on scanned files continues to climb. By thousands of files.  100% was hit half an hour ago.

Offline PepiHavlin

• Avast team
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 03:47:46 PM »
First of all, my Avast Mac shows it is version 12.5
So should a new forum be started?

I have a number of problems since first successfully running the program a few weeks ago.

1. many files in my report will not move to the chest as they are "not found"

2. items in my chest will not delete, as both the delete and the restore button offer to restore the selected files

3. scheduled scans will not complete, as I get a "disconnected from server" notice, even though I am not losing my internet connection

4. my current scan does not complete, even though it has hit 100%. The file count on scanned files continues to climb. By thousands of files.  100% was hit half an hour ago.

1. What kind of files are these? They might have been deleted since the scan has finished. E.g. like browser temp files.

2. This is a known issue, just wrong text, action is right. Don't worry, if you click delete button and confirm, file gets deleted normally.

3. Our scans do not depend on Internet connection, so such notice is not to be found in Mac Security. I believe what you might saw is 'Disconnected from service' error that can happen when com.avast.service crashes.

4. Did it eventually complete? Scan progress report can sometimes stuck at some value for a long time before it moves on. In a rare case this value can probably be even 100%. This deserves some more attention, thanks for reporting it.

In order to dig deeper to #1-#3, we need your support package (Help/Avast Technical Support/Generate support package). Please fill in your e-mail and put link to your post in comments section. Thanks!

REDACTED

Avast Mac Security 12.5 cannot Delete from Chest
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 12:05:09 AM »
"This is a known issue, just wrong text, action is right. Don't worry, if you click delete button and confirm, file gets deleted normally." <p>

Is this never to be fixed? Even the FAQ is wrong. We are actually given a choice of restore by clicking on Restore or restore by clicking on Delete. I appreciate someone saying oh, it's ok, just ignore the program instructions and the FAQ, but is anyone comfortable doing such a thing. Avast sends upgrades to the program frequently. If they cannot fix this bug, I have to wonder what Delete ("are you sure you want to Restore") will actually do if I say yes.
  ..... And PLEASE Avast, use a friendlier capcha. You have chosen the most unfriendly setting there is. I must go through 4 to 8 image changes to get a readable one.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Mac Security 12.5 cannot Delete from Chest
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 05:10:08 AM »
  ..... And PLEASE Avast, use a friendlier capcha. You have chosen the most unfriendly setting there is. I must go through 4 to 8 image changes to get a readable one.
Only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 08:13:13 PM »
Horribly difficult captcha ".. only needed for first 3 posts"

Please re-consider that. Nearly every forum, nearly every web site, chose a friendlier capcha setting, including those far more prone to bot attack. Accessibility, cordiality, should be hallmarks of forums. Maybe that will prove to be the case here but is an unfriendly threshold to get over the best way to begin? It's certainly not needed.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 08:24:35 PM »
Unfortunately it is needed.
It really helps to keep a lot of spammers away.

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 03:13:36 AM »
How about that issue with deleting from the chest? When we click on DELETE we are asked Do You Really Want to Restore? I cannot take a chance on clicking Yes and Avast actually restore those files. If this is a know issue, do known bugs get fixed?

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2017, 01:56:01 PM »
How about that issue with deleting from the chest? When we click on DELETE we are asked Do You Really Want to Restore? I cannot take a chance on clicking Yes and Avast actually restore those files. If this is a know issue, do known bugs get fixed?

Yes, this is a known issue, that will be fixed in the next release. It is "only" a wrong text (the button will really DELETE the items), but I confess, that it may be very confusing.