Author Topic: Browser Protection  (Read 1033 times)

Offline JoePitt

Browser Protection
« on: February 17, 2017, 09:27:34 AM »
Hello

I accidentally uninstalled Avast after a few years of it being installed. I remember I custom installed it last time, by leaving off SafePrice and Save zone browser and Secureline, stuff I don't need.

However, I reinstalling it today, and with the latest iteration, there are more options.  This is more confusing. I remember there used to be "browser protection" now there is no longer that option.   I remember I never installed the browser extensions (if that was what the was), but Avast used to stop me from going to potential bad websites without much interference besides just blocking those. 

So, what happened to the "Browser Protection" checkbox component, what has replaced that?

thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Browser Protection
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 12:05:16 PM »
The Security browser extension is the Avast On-line Security (browser extension), the WebRep of old.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 21.8.2487 (build 21.8.6586.693) UI 1.0.666/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Browser Protection
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 12:15:16 PM »
Perhaps a idea to have a look at the release notes to see what has changed/added > https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=183543.0