Author Topic: SecureLine VPN has encountered a technical issue  (Read 23426 times)

REDACTED

SecureLine VPN has encountered a technical issue
« on: February 09, 2017, 11:38:02 PM »
For a week I haven't been able to connect using Avast SecureLine VPN. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the component, even tried the stand alone version and nothing works. I have been trying to contact customer support, where I have an open ticket and i'ts been over a week, I have sent multiple requests and still no response. If this is the customer support for paying customers, can't imagine what it is for free users. I downloaded the new update that changed the interface, but still nothing works.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: SecureLine VPN has encountered a technical issue
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 11:51:02 PM »
The problem is that you submitted multiple tickets.
Each time you submit a new ticket, you will be put back to the bottom of the stack. (FiFo system)

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 11:55:40 PM »
No, it's the same ticket. I have just been replying to the same one. I was actually planning on creating a new ticket to see if I would get a response, since when I first created the ticket they quickly responded asking for my account number, sent it right away but never heard back from them after that.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 12:09:01 AM »
Hi corralescarlos, welcome to the forum :)

Can you please post your Ticket ID, than we can ask attention for it.

Greetz, Red.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 12:34:42 AM by Rednose »
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 12:12:07 AM »
Gladly,

Thank you

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 12:36:03 AM »
I have put it forward, and will keep monitoring.

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 12:36:55 AM »
Thank you Red, really appreciate it.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 09:51:03 PM »
No response yet from customer service. Does anyone know how to get a refund?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 09:54:26 PM by corralescarlos »

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 07:39:32 PM »
Yup if avast don't get the vpn working as a vpn, then I will want a refund also

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 04:21:22 AM »
I've had the exact same problem for 2 days now.  Unusual thing is, if I connect via the main AVAST program, it will tell me that I am connected to the Secureline, but if I click on the little icon next to the time in the bottom right corner, I get that error message.  So I don't know if I am secured or not secured. 

I have a trial version and it will automatically start deducting funds from my credit card. I think I will change the setting s that I won't need to pay for it once the trial eriod is over if others are having the same trouble and nobody to fix it.

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 12:36:14 PM »
 :( :(
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 01:11:25 PM by tgcameradude »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 12:41:13 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 01:07:01 PM »
I haven't been able to connect using Avast SecureLine VPN.Since the automatic renewal option kicked in a few days ago, I have been kicked out of using the VPN that I paid $74.99 A.U. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program and nothing works. I have been trying to contact customer support but I keep getting diverted to india where they state they are AVAST but their not. Their website looks real and for a security firm like AVAST its really poor that AVAST does not monitor ghost websites pretending to be AVAST. I eventually got through to the real AVAST but only by calling from Australia to the USA that went through to the philippines at a great cost..

I have a magnitude of AVAST programs and protection I pay for that run into hundreds of dollars annually!! AVAST wanted me to pay another $119 Australian to fix their VPN program remotely by trying to EXTORT more money. "we cant force you to use the service but we wont fix what you paid for"  I have spent over four hours on the phone calling international numbers because their free call numbers 1-800 dont work from Australia. I once respected AVAST but after the argumentative behaviour from their customer extort service, I do not recommend the use of their products. What a scam!! AVAST virus protection that lets viruses in only for you to pay for a VPN that wont work so you can pay again to remove a virus that should not have been there in the first place.  THIS is the customer support for premium  paying customers.. In reality what do they care??? We pay big western dollars for a product that pays poor counties a fraction for technical support. BEWARE ..

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 01:15:44 PM »
I haven't been able to connect using Avast SecureLine VPN.Since the automatic renewal option kicked in a few days ago, I have been kicked out of using the VPN that I paid $74.99 A.U. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program and nothing works. I have been trying to contact customer support but I keep getting diverted to india where they state they are AVAST but their not. Their website looks real and for a security firm like AVAST its really poor that AVAST does not monitor ghost websites pretending to be AVAST. I eventually got through to the real AVAST but only by calling from Australia to the USA that went through to the philippines at a great cost..

I have a magnitude of AVAST programs and protection I pay for that run into hundreds of dollars annually!! AVAST wanted me to pay another $119 Australian to fix their VPN program remotely by trying to EXTORT more money. "we cant force you to use the service but we wont fix what you paid for"  I have spent over four hours on the phone calling international numbers because their free call numbers 1-800 dont work from Australia. I once respected AVAST but after the argumentative behaviour from their customer extort service, I do not recommend the use of their products. What a scam!! AVAST virus protection that lets viruses in only for you to pay for a VPN that wont work so you can pay again to remove a virus that should not have been there in the first place.  THIS is the customer support for premium  paying customers.. In reality what do they care??? We pay big western dollars for a product that pays poor counties a fraction for technical support. BEWARE ..
Hi, I reported it for you.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0