Author Topic: avast & hotmail  (Read 2073 times)

olivegreen

avast & hotmail
« on: March 10, 2006, 12:36:19 PM »
I wrote MSN support about an issue, I cannot forward a message to anyone with images in the message, the images come out with the little red X in a box. I have tried everything else they suggested except this (below). I'm not sure how to do this, can anyone help?

" Disable the option in your antivirus program that scans Temporary Internet Files and Download Program Files folders (if it is available). Consult your antivirus software documentation or contact your anti-virus software vendor for help performing this action."

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: avast & hotmail
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 01:00:55 PM »
I won't do that... Temporary Internet Files and Download Program Files folders are locations for infections...
On contrary, I'll think your firewall could be blocking them. Do you use any of them?
Can your email client block images?
The best things in life are free.

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
Re: avast & hotmail
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 01:05:52 PM »
olivegreen,

I am pretty sure from your problem description that you are a user of Thunderbird (probably version 1.5).

This is supposedly a result of a security decision by the Thunderbird developers and has nothing whatsoever to do with avast.

Look for the option in Thunderbird that has the "edit message as new" to ensure that images can be "forwarded" by you to your contacts.

If I am incorrect and you are just using the Web interface for Hotmail then avast also plays absolutely no role in scanning your image attachments in the Web email interface. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 02:18:52 PM by alanrf »