Author Topic: Avast Master Password  (Read 16097 times)

REDACTED

Re: Avast Master Password
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 01:57:06 PM »
I locked myself out of my passwords and my mobile device was removed too, now I have no way of getting into my passwords, anyone know what i can do?

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 09:22:37 PM »
I also have a problem trying to remove the Master Password. In passwords, it says there is a master password with 'change password' in the box beside it, but this doesn't allow anything to be changed??
I have gone round in circles without success. (No sync present)

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 09:09:41 AM »
If you are trying to change master password in Passwords settings then there is a bug and you need to use new master password which is at least 4 characters long (but the error message doesn't mention that), we are working on settings page redesign and we will fix this issue with that.
For synchronization you need to setup master password anyway as we need something we can use to protect a backup we will send you once synchronization is set up to mail box. If you have synchronization group already set up, then you can use backup link from your email to join device without master password to your sync group.
Note that once master password is set it can't be removed.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2018, 09:10:59 AM »
I locked myself out of my passwords and my mobile device was removed too, now I have no way of getting into my passwords, anyone know what i can do?
There issue has been resolved in PM chat, generally the only possible solution for this case was perform full reset so user had to start from scratch.

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2018, 06:55:28 PM »
i have lost masterpassword and now i can't access at module or option (sync active), can help me? Thx

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2018, 07:21:00 PM »
Hi steve352,

if you did not turn on synchronization, you can reset Passwords by yourself. Go to Settings / Passwords. Cancel the Master Password dialog and you should see link "Forgot your Master Password?" on top of the setting window. Simply click on that.

If you had synchronization turned on, we need to reset it on our side. If this is your case, send me private message and I will reset it for you.
Ineed help too

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2018, 11:49:13 AM »
I have forgotten my password, when I click on the settings ask me for a password, I forgot my password. I can not reach. Emergency assistance please