Author Topic: Wish list for the NEW upcoming Avast for Mac  (Read 1844 times)

Offline TED123

Wish list for the NEW upcoming Avast for Mac
« on: February 05, 2017, 02:22:46 PM »
Is there a way to get a "Harden Mode" with same Moderate and Aggressive mode just like the PC version of Avast? Also add a better warning when you try to exclude a program to help the novice out a bit more on and excluion  . Like "do you really need this program, it is not white listed in our database and may have a chance of being new malware" ALSO have a button that gets another opinion with Virustotal scan before it can be installed as an exclusion.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Wish list for the NEW upcoming Avast for Mac
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 12:39:23 PM »
All feedback is welcome here on the forum, and the Mac Development team is active here regularly.

I would, however, not want it so complicated for exclusions to be added. If someone is making an exclusion, and I would guess its a small percent of total users, then they likely have a legitimate reason (such as a false positive).

"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline TED123

Re: Wish list for the NEW upcoming Avast for Mac
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 01:02:53 PM »
I suppose having that would be nice but TONS of code. I will throw this out since you guys are listening... Anyway to get logging like old Intego X6? You could see EVERYTHING what was coming and going, Could be just an advance mode click away??? I just don't like this "minimalist" Mac AV design the industry as a whole is doing. Why the industry always thinks Mac people don't want options....