Author Topic: Latest Pro Update Causes AutoCad File_Open dropdown to freeze  (Read 13360 times)

REDACTED

Re: Latest Pro Update Causes AutoCad File_Open dropdown to freeze
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 12:06:40 PM »
It doesnt work, when i turn off all components.
Second update of new version didnt fix problem with autocad browser window in windows xp, to save work time will change antivirus.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 04:35:12 PM by ritmanet »

Offline kenf2

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 05:37:56 PM »
Yes.  I have the same problem.  I disabled Avast services and self-protect mode.  No change--AutoCAD still locked-up.
Only after I completely uninstalled Avast did AutoCAD return to normal operation.
I installed the free version of the AVG anti-virus, and AutoCAD worked normally.
Unless Avast fixes this problem soon, I'm switching to AVG.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 02:15:48 PM »
Problem due to Avast Shell Extension
Reg file for disable it:
Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Blocked]
"{472083B0-C522-11CF-8763-00608CC02F24}"=""

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 03:49:12 AM »
I have the same problem with AutoCAD 2011 hanging after updating Avast Online Security plus I do not have a registry line as described by @sergey.bashmanov.  Unistalling Avast has been the only fix so far and that's after restoring/repairing and reinstalling all programs on my computer...  Any real remedies or a correction from Avast would be greatly appreciated..??

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 08:52:10 PM »
I have the same problem with AutoCAD 2011 hanging after updating Avast Online Security plus I do not have a registry line as described by @sergey.bashmanov.  Unistalling Avast has been the only fix so far and that's after restoring/repairing and reinstalling all programs on my computer...  Any real remedies or a correction from Avast would be greatly appreciated..??
This reg file block Avast Shell Extension for using as shell extension in explorer.
This line should not be in your registry, you must create it.

Online bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 08:55:20 PM »
This reg file block Avast Shell Extension for using as shell extension in explorer.
This line should not be in your registry, you must create it.
Definitely not a fix for the average user.   :(
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2017, 02:32:13 PM »
Definitely not a fix for the average user.   :(
I think an average user should be able to copy & paste text into an emtpy textfile and rename the .txt textfile to .reg and double click it.
One only needs to tell them to do so.

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2017, 09:13:46 AM »
Problem due to Avast Shell Extension
Reg file for disable it:
Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Blocked]
"{472083B0-C522-11CF-8763-00608CC02F24}"=""

AVAST and AutoCAD 2011 at Windos XP this solution does not work. Is there a key in the registry for Windows XP?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:48:23 AM by cybermanchik »

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2017, 08:52:16 PM »
AVAST and AutoCAD 2011 at Windos XP this solution does not work. Is there a key in the registry for Windows XP?

Try to search and delete {472083B0-C522-11CF-8763-00608CC02F24} in regedit.

Offline noelrojasc

• Usuario desde la versión 5
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2017, 09:20:32 PM »

On my home PC I have AutoCAD 2015 64bit - Windows 7 x64 Home Premium and there this issue does not appear.

Hi, everybody,

I am not an Avast expert, but I have been an AutoCAD user for many years. I just would like to suggest to the AutoCAD users in this thread to upgrade their AutoCAD versions. I just would like to suggest you to consider that maybe those old versions of AutoCAD are the reasons of your inconveniences, and not Avast.

I have been both an Avast user and an AutoCAD user for many years. Currently I am using AutoCAD 2017, and I have never seen a conflict between AutoCAD and Avast.

Instead of tweaking Avast or the Windows Registry, I strongly suggest you to upgrade your AutoCAD version. Sorry, I am not a computer expert and I can't give you a better advice! Hope this may help.

Greetings!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:33:35 PM by noelrojasc »
DELL Optiplex 790, Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits, Avast Free.

REDACTED

Re: Latest Update Causes AutoCad File_Open dropdown to freeze
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2017, 12:29:19 AM »
I have the same problem between Autocad and the Avast version 17.1.2286 (windows 7). The actual problem is that I can’t open a new file with Autocad because the program due to Avast malefactions. I have tried all the other free antivirus programs and I don’t have this problem but I prefer Avast because I use it for many years and I know that it is a trusted antivirus although it’s free. Does anyone have the solution? I have already tried the solution with the registry file that someone wrote above but it is not working!

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2017, 08:01:28 AM »
<snip>
At work I can't just go to my boss and tell him to upgrade ACAD for a few thousands euro only because the Antivirus system messes things up with the latest major version.

REDACTED

Re: Latest Update Causes AutoCad File_Open dropdown to freeze
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2017, 10:59:11 PM »
I have the same problem between Autocad and the Avast version 17.1.2286 (windows 7). The actual problem is that I can’t open a new file with Autocad because the program due to Avast malefactions. I have tried all the other free antivirus programs and I don’t have this problem but I prefer Avast because I use it for many years and I know that it is a trusted antivirus although it’s free. Does anyone have the solution? I have already tried the solution with the registry file that someone wrote above but it is not working!

How to me have written here https://forum.avast.com/?topic=199271.msg1380048#msg1380048 try disabling the 'Avast Shell Extension' through this program http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html

Write the result here

---
Avast is built into the context menu of Windows Explorer and there is a conflict when AutoCAD calls Windows Explorer

Developers Avast in the course and are looking for a solution
Let's hope in new updates Avast will fix
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:07:46 PM by cybermanchik »

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2017, 12:27:15 AM »
Worked for me in XP SP3.
Now even allows Import & Export to function properly.
Can I expect that the next Avast program update will break it again?
Thanks

REDACTED

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2017, 07:18:03 AM »
Worked for me in XP SP3.
Now even allows Import & Export to function properly.
Can I expect that the next Avast program update will break it again?
Thanks

If developers will test Avast qualitatively before publishing updates, then there will be less problems

Before 1-2 years there were no problems

Perhaps a lot of new code has been done and until it is broken and some bugs will be set up
Time will tell