Author Topic: Avast and development C++ environment  (Read 5227 times)

Offline Dariusz

Re: Avast and development C++ environment
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2020, 09:45:08 PM »
Well, Igor made it quite clear already. You can't expect a tailor-made AV, just for your needs. ;)

It's not tailor-made. You are addressing the entire DEV community and any1 that wants to do any sort of app dev and use avast. How is that "just for me" feature?

Perhaps I should run down my premium, cancel the subscription and find another antivirus that gives an F about dev process instead...

If making it easy is bad because "common people" will fail, and adding adv options in settings is "hard" because "whatever" then no matter what reason I bring it wont happen.

Offline Leo3487

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 02:37:21 AM »
but the solution is so simple as that, add the projects folder to exception
You are really a developer? Sure you only will use that folder for your projects, in fact, if you follow safe practices, your folder for your developed programs would be located not at the default Documents folder, even no at C: (or the drive where is Windows)

Then exclude the folder would be not a risk

Offline Dariusz

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2020, 04:22:45 PM »
but the solution is so simple as that, add the projects folder to exception
You are really a developer? Sure you only will use that folder for your projects, in fact, if you follow safe practices, your folder for your developed programs would be located not at the default Documents folder, even no at C: (or the drive where is Windows)

Then exclude the folder would be not a risk

Won't work, different clients different folders different secure hdds.

Whitelisting the entire folder goes out of the window. Can't it.

All we need is developer mode in setting to be enabled and change the pop up menu behaviour from  "temporary" exception to permanent.

Offline Leo3487

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 05:41:38 PM »
Then what would be the difference between the option you suggest and disable Hardener mode?
In fact if you disable hardener mode (it is disabled by default) you can add executables by name no matter if you update it

Offline Dariusz

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2020, 01:37:03 PM »
Then what would be the difference between the option you suggest and disable Hardener mode?
In fact if you disable hardener mode (it is disabled by default) you can add executables by name no matter if you update it

I already explained why I don't want to disable hardened mode. It helped me few times to stop unwanted apps.

Offline Dariusz

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2020, 07:34:43 PM »
Bump

Offline Dariusz

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2020, 07:52:43 PM »
Bump :- )

Offline Dariusz

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2020, 12:15:32 AM »
Bump :- )