Author Topic: AVAST! 4.1 DEC03 BETA NOW AVAILABLE!  (Read 34587 times)

guitar_billy

Re:AVAST! 4.1 DEC03 BETA NOW AVAILABLE!
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2003, 10:02:54 PM »
gee, how stupid could i be??   ???

i did not install the other languages! i just tried to do it again, and then i saw that by default the other languages are marked with XXX meaning DONT install.

i did it all so quickly the first time that i thought that all languages were selected by default  :D i expected to see either *empty* boxes or *ticked* boxes, but not crossed X boxes LOL

okay, sorry for that. i'll post again how it all works though (downloading at the moment).

cheers!  ALEX

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2003, 10:15:28 PM »
Well, you are "right" in fact - the chekboxes are confusing.
Vlk suggested today that thay should be of different color at least (crosses red, checkmarks green, or something like that). Hopefully it would make the things clear.

guitar_billy

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2003, 10:19:12 PM »
success !!   now i have Avast! running in Dutch... funny.

if it is interesting for the AVAST team, i can have a look at the translations lateron. for now i have to turn over the computer to my girlfriend   :D
gr, ALEX

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Yet another beta update (4.1.315)
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2003, 01:01:51 AM »
There is yet another beta update now available on our servers.
This one adds the following fixes and improvements:
- technical's problem with the NAV warning

Happy to be a usefull beta-tester... Next boot, let's see 4.1.315!  ;D
Btw, I tested twice and the Norton SpeedDisk problem related before - and now corrected, as I hope - remains in the older version... Let's see in the new one. I'll post.

Sorry, Vlk, I do not have any 'new' packed files to test... pk and Igor solved all my troubles with packed files in the past 8)
The best things in life are free.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2003, 04:32:48 AM »
I'll have to plead guilty to not trying the beta, mainly 'cause I'm a cautious old-timer and try not to mess with upgrades till they're past the beta stage.

Something I might have missed in this topic, but didn't see mentioned -- are you holding off on database updates for the "regular" 4.1 home until you're happy with the new beta?  Seems like an unusually long while since the last update -- less than a week, admittedly, but even that long is unusual for you guys.

Best,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2003, 11:42:02 AM »
I'll have to plead guilty to not trying the beta, mainly 'cause I'm a cautious old-timer and try not to mess with upgrades till they're past the beta stage.

Something I might have missed in this topic, but didn't see mentioned -- are you holding off on database updates for the "regular" 4.1 home until you're happy with the new beta?  Seems like an unusually long while since the last update -- less than a week, admittedly, but even that long is unusual for you guys.

Best,
Mike

The last VPS is 0311-5 from December 11th... Today, tuesday, is a day for VPS update  8)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2003, 01:00:40 PM »

Well, yeah, this is because the last update was released on Thursday because of Friday as it contained the Scold virus that seemed to do pretty well...

Next update wil be just today, as usual for Tuesday...

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2003, 09:11:28 PM »

Well, yeah, this is because the last update was released on Thursday because of Friday as it contained the Scold virus that seemed to do pretty well...

Next update wil be just today, as usual for Tuesday...

Vlk

Came in almost as soon as I got online this afternoon, thanks  :)
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2003, 09:22:34 PM »
What a big update for the VPS: 145 kb... Is that correct? or there was any other update included... Anyway, the iAVS push update worked fine for me...  8)

Pavel Baudis

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2003, 10:31:48 PM »
What a big update for the VPS: 145 kb... Is that correct?

Yes, it is correct - it is of this size for two week now already - it is incremental comparing to 0311-0 and the "change" still contains the two weeks ago changes: the huge bunch of trojans, new macro viruses and modified cleaner. We believe the 0312-0 will be released soon - so after this it will come back to "standard" sizes :)

Pavel

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Avast! 4.1 Dec03 Released
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2003, 12:20:20 AM »
OK, the official update is just being sent to our download servers.

Just invoke program update, that's all you need to do (you don't even have to restore the original servers.def).

The release number is 4.1.319.
Web servers will be updated tomorrow...

Thanks again,
Vlk
« Last Edit: December 19, 2003, 12:41:29 AM by Vlk »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

John-

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2003, 01:46:59 AM »
 :D Dutch errors from the beta are corrected!  Good work!

chips

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2003, 12:12:27 PM »
I tried to download it, but the program update says that the server www.asw.cz is down?!  ???

chips

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2003, 12:20:38 PM »
It's okay now.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Avast! 4.1 Dec03 Released
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2003, 08:59:18 PM »
OK, the official update is just being sent to our download servers.

Just invoke program update, that's all you need to do (you don't even have to restore the original servers.def).

The release number is 4.1.319.
Web servers will be updated tomorrow...

Thanks again,
Vlk

Happy birthday avast! 18th December...
I'm downloading the full setup for Portuguese and English to test just from the beggining  8)