Author Topic: Avast Cleanup interfering with power management  (Read 2378 times)

REDACTED

Avast Cleanup interfering with power management
« on: March 07, 2017, 08:29:12 PM »
I recently licensed and installed Avast Cleanup. Now it appears to be fighting with my power management settings.

I have a Toshiba Satellite with an 'eco utlity' that specifies screen brightness, CPU max speed, etc. After running Avast Cleanup, it is getting turned off at random. Then a while later the utility notices it's off, and turns back on. The fight continues.

Is there some way to disable this part of Avast Cleanup?

thanks,
gene

REDACTED

Re: Avast Cleanup interfering with power management
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 12:57:47 PM »
Well don't know if i am suffering the same thing, i had avast for free for few years, but back end of last year took out premier cover, my computer came to a stand still for around 4 weeks, couldn't run two programs at once, and when you did it took ten minutes to load, getting on to the internet was a nightmare, i had a friend take a look at my computer thinking i had a virus or worse and even he couldn't work it out, then one day it worked fine, so thought avast must have been running a clean up etc in the background.
Well yesterday it installed new software or updated  was told by my friend, and its gone back to running, or should that be walking speed, just can't do anything, its a right pain in the !