Author Topic: "We have been unable to connect to the Avast server to re-enable protection" ???  (Read 3962 times)

REDACTED

So uh, apparently 100+ devices haven't been able to contact Avast since January 10th. I just received a warning email about 99 devices being in danger. Upon restarting my computer I got a message along the lines of "We have been unable to connect to the Avast server to re-enable protection. You have 12 days before being downgraded." So... apparently the computers in one of our buildings can't talk to the Avast servers? The client end just says our subscription has expired, but the web portal says we're good til April. What's going on?

REDACTED

When I click "Resolve all" on the client program it shows me a picture of an ethernet port and an ethernet cable and says "The online content is unavailable. Please, check your internet connection and try again."

Is there any particular ports I should check to see if they are mysteriously being blocked all of a sudden?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Seems to be resolved in the latest update > https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=197158.0

REDACTED

That appears to be for the Mac client? We're dealing with Windows machines. I've tried a clean install on a machine now and it still does not show up on the cloud console.

REDACTED

Nevermind. The issue was on our end. Sonicwall went nuts. Resolved now!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Always good to hear a problem is solved.
Thanks for the feedback.