Author Topic: Updates After New Registration  (Read 2331 times)

carlton

Updates After New Registration
« on: March 05, 2006, 02:15:51 PM »
I have  updated my registration due to expiration and inserted the new license key as instructed in the proper "About Avast" location using the cut and paste instructions received the email from Avast.  When I attempt to "Update" by using the Update iAVAS or Update Program, nothing happens and my event log does not show any update since 2/28/06??  What's up????

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Updates After New Registration
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 03:44:14 PM »
Basically, check:

1)  Your firewall settings and allow avast.setup to connect. If you're not sure, just turn off your firewall (to be sure the update failure is not due to it). Maybe you should 'remove' avast.setup entry, try to update, receiving a new alert from the firewall, allowing it and checking it to remember.
2)  Check your proxy settings into avast!:
     Left click the avast icon > Settings
     Update (Basic) > Details > Proxy

Make sure your browser is not set to "Work Offline" (this option is generally in the File menu). If it doesn't help, try switching the proxy settings from "Auto-detect" to "No proxy" (I'm assuming you're not connecting to the Internet via proxy).
The best things in life are free.

carlton

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 06:23:35 PM »
I checked the firewall - turning it off, made not difference.  I removed the avast.setup file.  I did copy to a difference location before deleting!  Removing it did not make a difference.  Proxy is off and "Work Offline" is NOT set.  Thanks for the help anyway!!  I will have my tech at the office look at our notes tomorrow!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 06:41:23 PM »
I removed the avast.setup file.  I did copy to a difference location before deleting!
I never wrote avast.setup FILE but ENTRY into the firewall settings, the 'allowed programs' to connect. It's the same as 'reseting' the firewall for this entry.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 06:43:56 PM »
avast.setup isn't a permanent file it is only created for the update and removed automatically after an update. So if it is still in the setup folder there is something wrong.

Try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. You need to be on-line to do this.

What is your firewall ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security