Author Topic: Ad Blocker filter list gone after closing SafeZone  (Read 5953 times)

REDACTED

Ad Blocker filter list gone after closing SafeZone
« on: February 17, 2017, 12:00:13 AM »
Hello guys,

So I'm having this problem after build 17.1.3394.30. I'm not sure if this is a known issue with SafeZone or if I'm having a malware problem.

I hope I could return to the add-free experience.

Hope someone can help,

Thanks

Raf

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Ad Blocker filter list gone after closing SafeZone
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 12:18:17 AM »
Whilst I don't know if this would resolve your issue or not.

Try rebooting as that should have the emergency updater run and the build should then be build 17.1.3394.42 .

If the reboot and or the emergency updater don't resolve it, try an avast Repair.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline ondrejz

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
    • Avast Secure Browser
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 02:00:13 PM »
Please post some screenshots. What does it mean that they are gone?

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 03:39:34 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm sorry that I didn't reply yet. I had to be sure if clearing and reinstalling Avast did actually fix the problem permanently. And well, it didn't.

Please post some screenshots. What does it mean that they are gone?

After adding and enabling a filter list:

The filter list disappears after closing and restarting the SafeZone browser:

The same thing happens after adding and enabling a filter list in the Ad Block Options panel:

This problem occurred the first time a month ago, for which reason I started this thread.

The problem disappeared after clearing and reinstalling Avast but reappeared again today.

Whilst I don't know if this would resolve your issue or not.

Try rebooting as that should have the emergency updater run and the build should then be build 17.1.3394.42 .

If the reboot and or the emergency updater don't resolve it, try an avast Repair.

I tried Avast Repair, but it didn't solve the issue before.

Today I've tried again and after running SafeZone for the first time I got a pop-up, asking me if I would like to install an update of the SafeZone browser. I accepted and tried to enable my filter list again, restarted SafeZone, and again I got this pop-up. I accepted, and while SafeZone started I noticed that some text in the header was notifying about the completion of the update. After that I didn't get the pop-up anymore, even after repairing Avast once again. And my filter list keeps on disappearing.

I'm afraid that I'll have to clear and reinstall Avast again.

I hope this gives all the information you need in order to evaluate the problem. Could this be a bug? Or could my system be infected somehow?

Thanks,

Raf

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 09:51:25 PM »
Today the problem reemerged. This time I'm pretty sure that the problem occurred after a Windows Update. I'm running Windows 10 64 bit.

Is there an Avast bug tracker somewhere, so I could commit this? I'm pretty sure that this is a bug now.

Edit: Something to note is that this problem started after the big update in February with the new version of the Safe Zone Browser.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:58:01 PM by colsonraf »

Offline nick.simmons

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 08:40:50 PM »
I have the same issue.  Have to reapply the filters every time I open the browser.  It used to only lose the setting every couple of days but now it does it every time.  I have the latest version - 3.55.2393.596

I've also noticed that about once a week, the browser forgets all the tabs I was working on (I have continue where I left off selected) and makes me start again with a blank home page.  Fortunately I can go into history and restore the tabs one by one but it is still a pain that it no longer works as advertised.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 07:08:56 PM »
I also have the same problem as colsonraf. I have tried using repair on avast, malwhere removal software, running CCleaner, defragmenting and restating me PC. Problems started after updating windows

Version 3.55.2393.596
System Windows 7 64-bit (WoW64)

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 11:59:04 PM »
Well I completely uninstalled safe zone and re installed it and things are working for the time being.