Author Topic: Avast has killed my clock  (Read 3003 times)

REDACTED

Avast has killed my clock
« on: February 16, 2017, 05:45:00 PM »
So yesterday Avast did an update and killed my clock in the process .
Now everything I close the computer down the clock stops ... so when I boot back up its showing the
time I closed down , I have to go into settings and get it it readjust . Its really annoying.
Running windows 10 and no other virus software and wasnt having a single problem until that update .
Anyone else ?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast has killed my clock
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 06:15:48 PM »
To my knowledge, avast doesn't even touches the clock (or the settings for it).
I suggest to start with checking the date/time and in the bios/uefi and checking the CMOS battery.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 06:22:44 PM »
I have a desktop widget clock and no issue with that, likewise my system tray clock is also working fine.

This is for the OS and avast version seen in my signature.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 06:29:15 PM »
So yesterday Avast did an update and killed my clock in the process .
Now everything I close the computer down the clock stops ... so when I boot back up its showing the
time I closed down , I have to go into settings and get it it readjust . Its really annoying.
Running windows 10 and no other virus software and wasnt having a single problem until that update .
Anyone else ?

Check the battery on your motherboard. Every one has it. Especially if it's several years old. It's what's keeping time when you shut down the system... If it's dead, your time will reset each and every time you turn your PC off.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog