Author Topic: Updated avast, no more boot scan results/logs  (Read 24051 times)

REDACTED

Updated avast, no more boot scan results/logs
« on: February 17, 2017, 07:27:55 PM »
After the most recent update I can no longer see the scan results in "Scan History" or find any log file for the boot time scan. Even after changing settings to create a scan log, I can't find it anywhere. Is anybody else experiencing this issue?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Updated avast, no more boot scan results/logs
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 07:53:55 PM »
If you have only just changed the settings to Generate a report file, you then have to run the scan before anything happens, presumably you have done both.

Then the next question is where have you been looking ?
Some of the locations (in windows explorer) are hidden, you need to modify the Tools > Folder Options > View and enable 'Show hidden files and folders.

C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log & C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report are the avast folders that reports and logs are located.

The report folder generally holds the scan and shield reports (.txt files) and the boot time scan files aswBoot.txt (aswboot.log being an exception is in the log folder).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 09:10:08 PM »
In /report/ I found aswBoot.txt with some info.

02/17/2017 13:35
Scan of all local drives

Number of searched folders: 27908
Number of tested files: 244977
Number of infected files: 0

BUT, I did tell avast to generate a file and name it "scanlog" which cannot be found anywhere on my machine.

And I'm just wondering why they don't include it in the  easy to access Scan History on the actual program's user interface? Did they intentionally change it or should I try reinstalling?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 10:55:13 PM »
I don't know where it might be, did you also give a location ?
I don't know if the default location would be in the report folder if no location given.

Also did you give it a file type e.g. scanlog.txt - personally I find it best not to give the file a different name, the default * saves the file as the actual scan name plus the .txt file type.

I can't run any tests on this right now as I currently have the beta build on my other system and I still have 12.3.2280 on this win10 laptop.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 08:15:35 AM »
After the most recent update I can no longer see the scan results in "Scan History"...
Works for me, see screenshot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Ferrara

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 01:55:45 AM »
Yes, I too am having this issue on both my laptop and desktop running Windows 7. Did boot scan on both computers today and no boot scan results appear in the scan history. Is there some setting in the new Avast UI that I need to make to get boot scan reports to show up in the history?

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 03:38:28 AM »
Hi,

I have the same situation. I always run boot-scan every two weeks in older version, and it always show some report such as "scan was correctly done" like that. But after the 17.2.2288 version up, there is no such boot scan report in the scan history.
The scan history shows the full scan only.
I tried on my main PC and sub PC. The behavior was the same, no scan history.  Do I have to upgrade if I want the boot scan log?

Help me, Please!!

bye,

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 10:55:27 AM »
I have the same issue using Windows 10. The scan result aswBoot.txt is located in hidden folder C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 06:47:39 PM »
Hi All...

As far as I can determine, this problem still seems to exist for Boot Scans. The log does show up in the hidden Avast file folder as mentioned in posts above, but there are no log results shown in Scan History through the Avast interface. I, and many others, are seeing this on W7, W8 And 10 machines. The Boot Scans did show up under Scan History in all prior Avast versions, but is not longer showing in current versions. There is one person who posted a screenshot to this thread showing Boot Scan results under Scan History in German (the only screen shot of this that I have ever seen). Perhaps there is some program difference between the German language version and other versions, or the user has some setting activated that many of us are not aware of.

I am hoping that someone from Avast will take notice and address this and resolve the issue.

Thanks very much...

JQ

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 02:48:30 PM »
I don't have access to the boot scan report through Avast.  I ran a boot scan last night and can't find the scan log anywhere.  It isn't in the Program Files/Avast Software/Avast/reports either.  I don't have a "reports" folder.  I have show hidden folders checked.  I would sure like to see the results of the boot scan.

Any ideas?

TY,

Linda

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 05:50:01 PM »
Check the C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log\aswBoot.log also C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\report\aswBoot.txt

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 07:03:46 PM »
Ok...that worked. TY

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 08:31:13 PM »
You're welcome.

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2017, 01:28:52 PM »
hello,
ok for the locations , but still no report directly in the UI for (only) a boot scan except for Asyn and the German Ui, why?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2017, 04:36:01 PM »
hello,
ok for the locations , but still no report directly in the UI for (only) a boot scan except for Asyn and the German Ui, why?

Aysn's post and attached image is from February so I don't know if it is still relevant a lot of water has flowed under the bridge since then.

For some reason this failed to happen in some earlier builds, I thought this was a bug that had been resolved.  I haven't done a boot time scan in a very long time and I'm not on the current beta trial, so not something I can check to see if it is resolved or not.

Since we are on about the boot-time scan (something that has been reported in the forums), I just wonder if the bug where the avast boot-time scan is left behind as a boot option.