Author Topic: Avast password  (Read 9907 times)

REDACTED

Avast password
« on: February 20, 2017, 02:18:38 PM »
Renewed easypass paid 9.99 it will not accept licence.I sent a request for help (ticket 24 hours ago).No reply as yet
just discovered after some time going through this forum that easypass not supported anymore.
I have avast premium on windows 10 so got password extention and transferred passwords from easypass.It worked once on chrome now it will not accept the master password I created either in chrome or on main programme.
Getting worried now about rest of Avast eg virus protection and general security etc.
Is there a simple answer. Somewhat miffed that avast invited me to renew easypass when it was no longer supported.Seems dishonest to me.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast password
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 02:21:14 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 02:25:02 PM »
No need to contact support.

As has been explained many time, Easypass is gone. (over a year ago already)
It has been replaced by avast passwords.
The license is for avast passwords, not for Easypass.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 02:27:32 PM »
No need to contact support.
Please reread the initial post.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 02:29:22 PM »
I sent a request for help (ticket 24 hours ago)
The user already did it :P

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 02:30:44 PM »
I sent a request for help (ticket 24 hours ago)
The user already did it :P
Yep.

Offline Honza Cervenka

• Avast team
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 03:09:42 PM »
Hi JD,

we are working on migration form Avast EasyPass to Avast Passwords last one month. Currently we have generated Avast Passwords 1Y license for all EasyPass users with active subscription. Now you can see valid license key in your "My Avast" account (https://my.avast.com/). Migration email and expiration messaging change is in progress and coders are already working on that.

I apologize for this inconvenience.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 07:41:31 PM »
Now sorted myself out.Managed without help
cleared passwords from vault not accepting password
Opened a new vault with new password
Now seems to work
Also had a reply to my ticket and getting a refund
Hope to keep away from forums now
Everyone too clever for me
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 08:03:55 PM by jd17 »

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 01:07:12 AM »
Honza - I just bought Passwords and discovered the hard way that there is no way to migrate login and identity info from Easypass - you mention that you are working on a solution. My Easypass licence expires in 8 days. Can you extend  my Easypass license so that I can use it until you have a solution in place?

Offline Honza Cervenka

• Avast team
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 01:27:53 PM »
Hi William, we have solution too, but we didn't managed sending localized emails to all user base right now. I hope we will send it in 2 weeks for all, but temporarily I can send basic manual to this forum for all EasyPass users :-)

1) Install Avast Antivirus if you don't have it yet (Avast Passwords is program inside antivirus) - https://www.avast.com/download-thank-you.php?product=FAV-ONLINE
2) Setup Avast Passwords by activating vault + installing browser extension
3) Import your data from EasyPass by going to Settings › Passwords › Import Passwords › From EasyPass and following the tutorial. It is also mentioned on https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB179#artTitle but only for version 2016.
4) Insert activation code for Avast Passwords - If you have active EasyPass license, we have generated for you 1Y license of Avast Passwords for free :-)

If you want to see your Avast Passwords activation code, go to https://my.avast.com/ and you can see it there. If not, sent me an email.

Good luck!

Honza

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 05:33:25 PM »
The document on the URL is out of date. The user interface screenshots for both Avast Password & Easyoass are quite different. When I go to Easypass>>printlist the dropdown menue shows only Passcards, Identities, and safenotes. Choosing passcodes yielsds onlt a print preview that can print ... no file to export for future use with Passwords. My Avast is V17.1.2286 and Easypass is 7.7.8.128

Offline Honza Cervenka

• Avast team
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 10:42:22 AM »
Try to upgrade to higher EasyPass version (f.e. 7.9.7.133) and there will be option "Logins" in menu "Print list". In older versions (f.e. 7.7.8.128) there was only visual print list (only for printing) that is not possible to use during migration.
Import to Avast Passwords depends on version v12 vs. v17 (different navigation to settings). Luckily inside settings it is in both versions the same :-)

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2017, 05:00:07 PM »
Please provide the procedure for navigating to the page that has the import button. I am on V17 and when I open the interface page, I try settings>password with no success; I try Privacy>passwords with no success.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2017, 05:05:22 PM »
Did you activate the vault and installed the browser extension ?

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2017, 05:24:43 PM »
I notice that on my other computer, I can navigate to the import button via the interface settings selection. . On this computer (computer A), there is a Passwords selection on the settings page. On my computer (computer b), the Passwords selection is missing. What would cause the Passwords menu item to be missing on computer B?