Author Topic: [FIXED] [VBS: Malware Gen] False positives Vir. def: 170221-1 22.2.2017 0:08:41  (Read 80700 times)

Offline wrlucas

I have done all those things in replies 325 and 326.  Three definition releases since 170221-1 on 2-22-17.  It appears more is needed.

Offline clira

Looks like this has finally been fixed in 170225-1.  No issues so far this morning.

Offline thecuriousdude

Thanks Avast, I just spent 5 hours restoring files to my archive drive and system files to my operating system and Avast DELETED a bunch I files I can never get again. I still have a lookup.dat file that needs to go back in C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-winocr-ocrengines_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_a31b6cff9464aa03 and Windows won't let Avast Virus Chest restore it. I've tried copying it back in manually and Windows won't let me do that either.  >:(

Hello,
I have the same exact problem as catrike. Restored everything else from the chest apart from lookup.dat .
Can anybody help with this?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Is anything not working ?
Wat application is using that file ?
What is/was the original location ?

Offline thecuriousdude

Hello Eddy,
everything is working fine, the only problem is that this file can't go back in it's original place and remains in the chest.
The original location of the file was C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-winocr-ocrengines_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_ff3a08834cc21b39
On the properties it says this file opens with Windows Shell Commor

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
As every seems to work fine, I would leave things as they are and not worry about that file.

Offline thecuriousdude

As every seems to work fine, I would leave things as they are and not worry about that file.

I thought the same same thing, just to leave it in the chest but what if I have to do a clean install of Avast at some point and everything including what's in the chest gets erased and then something happens?  I do have a backup of the file though just in case but then again windows like it does now wouldn't let me put it back in the folder to which it belongs anyway.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 12:19:50 AM by thecuriousdude »