Author Topic: NEW: Avast 17.2.2288  (Read 95099 times)

REDACTED

Re: NEW: Avast 17.2.2288
« Reply #165 on: March 21, 2017, 05:04:00 PM »
Avast just killed off my PC windows 7 32 bit. Blue screen flashes up breifly (too fast to read) then restarts back to initial boot screen. Ran start up repair numerous times and can not fix this. I know it's definately Avast because I uninstalled it when it first happened and problem stopped, reinstalled and my system flopped again. Only now I cannot log in to Windows at all any ideas on remedy anyone! Don't want to wipe comp as I'll loose over 100gig of my music production stuff I was backing up.

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline brisbane2

« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2017, 06:34:08 AM »
Hey guys,

Since the new update, when using the safe zone browser in bank mode, some of my web links automatically disable the bank mode (that never happened before) and even worse, some of my webpage links open a new window on my normal desktop (not safe at all)!! Let's say I open my bank's web page in bank mode and click on the online banking link, nothing happens on the safe zone browser but when I close the browser and return to my normal desktop, the pop-up window from my online banking login page is now displayed on my desktop - that certainly never happened before the update - can you fix that? - can't use the safe zone browser like that..
Cheers

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2017, 06:58:40 AM »
Hi pls post your issue in this thread:https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=78.0
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

REDACTED

« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2017, 06:49:53 AM »
i really hate the new ui its very ugly and i hate how it looks and feels like the god awful windows 10 settings app why did u guys change something that was so simple im reverting back to the better version

REDACTED

« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2017, 02:43:09 AM »
Is the option for offline registration removed on the new version?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2017, 05:10:04 AM »
Is the option for offline registration removed on the new version?
Licensing gets reworked, see: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=198923.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #172 on: March 24, 2017, 06:00:32 PM »
Sorry I am new to the forum and am unsure if this is the correct place to post this.

I have a system on Windows 7 64 bit, avast is showing as unprotected currently and when trying to load the interface it displays that the Avast service is unresponsive and to restart it. Upon clicking restart I get the same message.

If i exit avast entirely and go to service management I can start the service but it crashes when i try open the GUI to enable the shields.

I have tried repairing avast and a clean install. Also, I have tried an offline installer for previous version of avast 12.X. This works until I have to restart the system to finish the install which then pulls in the new update and UI on reboot and brings back the problem.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2017, 06:48:44 PM »
Sorry I am new to the forum and am unsure if this is the correct place to post this.

I have a system on Windows 7 64 bit, avast is showing as unprotected currently and when trying to load the interface it displays that the Avast service is unresponsive and to restart it. Upon clicking restart I get the same message.

If i exit avast entirely and go to service management I can start the service but it crashes when i try open the GUI to enable the shields.

I have tried repairing avast and a clean install. Also, I have tried an offline installer for previous version of avast 12.X. This works until I have to restart the system to finish the install which then pulls in the new update and UI on reboot and brings back the problem.

I would advice creating your own new topic as this one is already very large and yours is likely to get buried in it.

Go to this location https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0 at the top of the topic listings you will see a New Topic button. Copy your post there and we will try to help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #174 on: March 25, 2017, 03:27:39 AM »
Hi Asyn, Or Anyone else that Shed Light on this

I have two pc's one is where i do all my main stuff, game, emails, shop ect.... the other is for downloading ect....

The Pc that i use for downloading got infected with SupportScam: JS/TechBrolo.F I recieved a fake pop up a few days back./ But I ran avast full scan, boot up scan, quick scan C drive scan and nothing was detected. Soon as i uninstall avast antivirus Windows defender kicks in does a scan and finds the virus and and puts it its virus vault. I want to know why Avast didnt detect the virus and also Avast has a live scanner which scans online so it should have detected the virus before it even entered my system I want to know why this is? Why didnt avast detect this virus.

Thank you

EDIT: I think I know why your antivirus didn't detect the virus: https://www.avast.com/virus-update-history

Your latest virus update history does not contain the virus information within you definitions whereas Windows Defender does. My Next question is this form of virus is very easy to get on someones system. Why haven't you added this to you virus definition list. I was just browsing the net saw a java enabled site and didn't even know that was on other system. If it wasn't windows defender I would never have knew. As a request please update your definitions to contain this virus information before others get infected. And if they do your antivirus will just sit there smiling like its nothing.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:52:23 AM by aliabbasgaming »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #175 on: March 25, 2017, 03:50:00 AM »

I have two pc's one is where i do all my main stuff, game, emails, shop ect.... the other is for downloading ect....

The Pc that i use for downloading got infected with SupportScam: JS/TechBrolo.F I recieved a fake pop up a few days back./ But I ran avast full scan, boot up scan, quick scan C drive scan and nothing was detected. Soon as i uninstall avast antivirus Windows defender kicks in does a scan and finds the virus and and puts it its virus vault. I want to know why Avast didnt detect the virus and also Avast has a live scanner which scans online so it should have detected the virus before it even entered my system I want to know why this is? Why didnt avast detect this virus.

Thank you
NO security program have 100% detection or zero false positives

JS/TechBrolo.F is just a FakeAlert popup so not dangerous for your machine

And this topic should not be used for questions like this
Use viruses and worms or general forum section

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 03:52:01 AM by Pondus »

REDACTED

« Reply #176 on: March 25, 2017, 04:02:24 AM »

Thank you
NO security program have 100% detection or zero false positives

JS/TechBrolo.F is just a FakeAlert popup so not dangerous for your machine

And this topic should not be used for questions like this
Use viruses and worms or general forum section

It is dangerous according to Microsoft database definitions it can lock ur files, demand money, and delete your files and cause all sorts of issues and start deleting registry files. The reason why AVAST didnt detect this is because its not recorded in ur virus database definitions. Someone of your position to be saying "JS/TechBrolo.F is just a FakeAlert popup so not dangerous for your machine" is a understatement Avast should be able to detect these as they are a form of trojens. Buy saying what you did puts me to shame of using avast for over 3 years. I and many others would not want a trojen like this on our system at all by what you said has really shown me avast does not care.

The reason why avast didnt detect this is because your virus database has no record of this virus: https://www.avast.com/virus-update-history

Buy what you said "so not dangerous for your machine", there are many here that rely on ur antivirus product and pay for it. Many which are elders or those that do no know IT as much as others. If this got on there pc and had they disabled windows defender in favour of avast they would believe its a legitimate pop up within there system and pay for what ever it says on there screen and get scammed and lose all there documents and have a destroyed machine.

When i got this on my other machine it was a windows security box asking me for my username and password. It looked like a windows 10 security box. This is a dangerous virus and avast should add the file definitions to there database to protect others.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 04:05:02 AM by aliabbasgaming »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2017, 04:12:21 AM »
Buy saying what you did puts me to shame of using avast for over 3 years.
Don't be ashamed because of me, i dont work for avast    ;)

The reason why avast didnt detect this is because your virus database has no record of this virus: https://www.avast.com/virus-update-history
That is correct, as i said NO security program have 100% detection

And you will not find that name listed there, as Microsoft and avast does not use same malware names

This is what they try to detect evry day but it is not possible
Statistic  >>  https://www.av-test.org/en/statistics/malware/

Avast should be able to detect these as they are a form of trojens
yes, i did not say they should not

It is dangerous according to Microsoft database definitions it can lock ur files, demand money, and delete your files and cause all sorts of issues and start deleting registry files.
Info, clik the >> Techincal information << Tab

https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/threat/encyclopedia/entry.aspx?Name=SupportScam:JS/TechBrolo.F&ThreatID=-2147247612

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 04:15:47 AM by Pondus »

Offline Ken52

« Reply #178 on: March 26, 2017, 08:14:23 AM »
I haven't been able to update since this version installed.  I keep getting an unknown error when I try to update.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times.  No change.  When I look at my account it days that my computer is offline.  When I look at my UI it says that I'm proected, but no updates since 2/27.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #179 on: March 26, 2017, 09:58:09 AM »
I haven't been able to update since this version installed.  I keep getting an unknown error when I try to update.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times.  No change.  When I look at my account it days that my computer is offline.  When I look at my UI it says that I'm proected, but no updates since 2/27.

Have you tried an avast repair yet ?
If not try that, if that doesn't resolve it then please create your own new topic (so it doesn't get buried in this large topic) and we will try to  help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security