Author Topic: NEW: Avast 17.2.2288  (Read 95673 times)

Offline military

Re: NEW: Avast 17.2.2288
« Reply #180 on: March 26, 2017, 12:31:24 PM »
I haven't been able to update since this version installed.  I keep getting an unknown error when I try to update.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times.  No change.  When I look at my account it days that my computer is offline.  When I look at my UI it says that I'm proected, but no updates since 2/27.
Try to change dns server on system settings.

REDACTED

Radmin Problem!!!
« Reply #181 on: March 26, 2017, 04:50:51 PM »
After updating to the latest version of free avast antivirus i have problems with radmin connection to my pc. Connection freezes and desktop is blank or not loading. File transfer works ok, so this is not firewall problem.
Seems avast block radmin display driver or something like that.
Checked for 5 PC's - the same problem at every pc.. After disabling antivirus protection - remote control is ok.
Please check that problem and make update.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2017, 04:55:02 PM »
After updating to the latest version of free avast antivirus i have problems with radmin connection to my pc. Connection freezes and desktop is blank or not loading. File transfer works ok, so this is not firewall problem.
Seems avast block radmin display driver or something like that.
Checked for 5 PC's - the same problem at every pc.. After disabling antivirus protection - remote control is ok.
Please check that problem and make update.

Please don't change Topic titles, create your own new topic (so it doesn't get buried in this large topic) and we will try to  help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline TrueIndian

• Poster
« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2017, 01:11:59 PM »
Hi Asyn, Or Anyone else that Shed Light on this

I have two pc's one is where i do all my main stuff, game, emails, shop ect.... the other is for downloading ect....

The Pc that i use for downloading got infected with SupportScam: JS/TechBrolo.F I recieved a fake pop up a few days back./ But I ran avast full scan, boot up scan, quick scan C drive scan and nothing was detected. Soon as i uninstall avast antivirus Windows defender kicks in does a scan and finds the virus and and puts it its virus vault. I want to know why Avast didnt detect the virus and also Avast has a live scanner which scans online so it should have detected the virus before it even entered my system I want to know why this is? Why didnt avast detect this virus.

Thank you

EDIT: I think I know why your antivirus didn't detect the virus: https://www.avast.com/virus-update-history

Your latest virus update history does not contain the virus information within you definitions whereas Windows Defender does. My Next question is this form of virus is very easy to get on someones system. Why haven't you added this to you virus definition list. I was just browsing the net saw a java enabled site and didn't even know that was on other system. If it wasn't windows defender I would never have knew. As a request please update your definitions to contain this virus information before others get infected. And if they do your antivirus will just sit there smiling like its nothing.

This is not a virus but a detection of the script on the fake scam page.So once you close the browser and flush the browser temp its should be all gone.Yes point taken it should be detected but as pondus said no AV has 100% detection so if you want avast to detect it submit it to them from submit@virus.avast.com and you can even scan the URL here:
www.virustotal.com

REDACTED

« Reply #184 on: March 27, 2017, 01:58:35 PM »
HI

I have already bought 3PC version of Internet Security, but my destop PC (win10 64 bit) & notebook (win10 64 bit) both got the same problem as follows after I login my avast account by using Avast Browser:
- indicated antivirus was disabled
- Anti-hijack was diabled too
Pls help! I have scanned both computers by Windows defender and Avast Internet Security, but everything alright. Are there bugs not fixed yet?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #185 on: March 27, 2017, 02:09:55 PM »
HI

I have already bought 3PC version of Internet Security, but my destop PC (win10 64 bit) & notebook (win10 64 bit) both got the same problem as follows after I login my avast account by using Avast Browser:
- indicated antivirus was disabled
- Anti-hijack was diabled too
Pls help!
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=62.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0