Author Topic: Avast and issues  (Read 3681 times)

Offline Konstantinos13

Avast and issues
« on: February 27, 2017, 07:46:47 PM »
I've tested both versions(stable and beta)and i had so many issues on my pc and laptop.Then i tested other vendors like Eset,Avira,Comodo(all three)with no issue at all.So i wonder why do you release a new stable version with so many issues???Issues that already know,it useless to name one by one,and the only thing you may achive is people moving to other vendors without any second thought

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast and issues
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 08:14:40 PM »
Well, what are these "so many issues"... Without further info, we cannot help...
The best things in life are free.

Offline Konstantinos13

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 03:31:06 PM »
well,as you already know,some of the  issues that causing avast are:slowing down web surfing,very slow UI opening,can't register to our account,secureVpn(with active license)is not working,white UI and freezing many times when trying to open UI,slowing down boot time
(also reboot)and i use ssd disk,and some more but as i told you and above,all these at the stable version of a very popular vendor.Non of these issues when i tested the other three vendors(eset,avira.comodo).You release a stable version with critical issues for what???So just get serious and provide something better next time.And if do that,perhaps a lot of people come back.Did i forget to write UI window size????IF YOU HAVE something serious to responce,do it,if not,then don't bother
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:11:30 PM by Konstantinos13 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 03:32:20 PM »
Well, what are these "so many issues"... Without further info, we cannot help...
He probably mean in general .... the one you see if you surf forum   ;)

Offline Konstantinos13

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 04:20:36 PM »
Just to know,i'm a real fun of Avast,and i wrote all these,because i expect avast will work again nicely and smoothly.And some things must change at least in stable version,because a lot of people don't use beta channel,and we have to wait a long to see real improvments at stable version

Offline noelrojasc

• Usuario desde la versión 5
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 06:04:40 PM »
Just to know,i'm a real fun of Avast,and i wrote all these,because i expect avast will work again nicely and smoothly.And some things must change at least in stable version,because a lot of people don't use beta channel,and we have to wait a long to see real improvments at stable version

+1000

I agree. I have also been a fan of Avast for several years, but this new release has been so disappointing.

What issues? Just read the forum!!! It is very sad such an arrogant attitude from some of the Avast people. We users just want this product, that has been so dear to many of us for years, to improve its quality. Konstantinos13 , you were lucky to receive at least one answer. It is very sad how the opinions of some other users, with excellent ideas, have been disregarded.

By the way, I decided to try Bitdefender Internet Security for a while. Very nice, well-designed UI. Fast and reliable. Excellent performance of my PC. No issues at all!!! IMHO you guys at Avast should give it a look.

I am still hoping that Avast will offer us some day a stable, no-issues release.
DELL Optiplex 790, Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits, Avast Free.

Offline Konstantinos13

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 07:30:59 PM »
+1000 also   noelrojasc for your responce,totaly agree with you.
Very disappointing to face all that issues,meanwhile testing other av vendors without any issue.
I hope that very soon will improve the product,through new releases.

Offline Konstantinos13

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 01:11:01 PM »
Mr.Lisadro i quote one more ''what so many issues'' from one Avast user,posted at stable version forum:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=196918.0

After upgrading to release version 17.1.2286 and restarting the laptop I now get the following error when I try and start ANY programs.  “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5). Click ok to close application”. Also, when I click on the Avast icon I only get an all white box on the screen.  I can right click on the icon and get a screen with choices but nothing happens when I click on them.  I am using a HP Pavilion dv7 running Windows 10.  I have tried downloading from the website and from within the application and get this issue with both methods.  To fix issue I must go back to a restore point.  Please help….

Only just to figure out the ''many issues'' that you all people there,''don't know'' about stable version has.

Also to inform you that neither performing a repair or clean install worked....

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:14:58 PM by Konstantinos13 »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 01:13:47 PM »
Perform a clean installation of the latest version.

Offline Konstantinos13

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 01:22:43 PM »
We may expect very soon a new stable or beta version with at least many improvments,so we can use Avast that we really like and want??Protection otherwise is very good indeed..

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 01:39:09 PM »
Update to the latest version (17.2.2288): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=197955.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline stibi

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 06:15:44 PM »
Or use Avast 12 - that does its work fine ;-)