Author Topic: NEW: Windows client 17.2.2517 & Cloud Console 2.21  (Read 12060 times)

Offline misak

• Avast team
    • Personal page (CZE)
NEW: Windows client 17.2.2517 & Cloud Console 2.21
« on: March 01, 2017, 04:48:06 PM »
Hi everyone,

It's my pleasure to announce the new version of Avast for Business AV. The Avast for Business solution is now powered by the latest engine. Together with Antivirus client for Windows we have released the cloud console which allows to control all the features.

Release notes
  • Improved user interface - simplified navigation, new colours of the Avast brand, notification center
  • SafeZone browser - common settings for all modes, faster startup of bank mode, currency converter
  • Antivirus Performance improvements - faster webpage loading and app launching thanks to optimised hashing algorithms
  • Behaviour Shield - protects you better against ransomware by monitoring suspicious behaviour of the running programs
  • Server plugins are fully compatible with Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 and Microsoft Sharepoint Server 2016
  • Push notification - near real-time AV client response on any change in the Management console

Offline Manley

Re: NEW: Windows client 17.2.2517 & Cloud Console 2.21
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 05:17:00 PM »
Okay, cool, thanks for the update. Also, misak, can you tell us if the developers look at this regular thread for requested enhancements?:  https://support.business.avast.com/hc/en-us/articles/210199243-Feature-Requests-for-Business-Cloud-

Offline Manley

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 05:20:24 PM »
Misak - in the Behavior Shield, what is the difference between the options "known threats" and "detected threats"? What do you guys recommend for setting?

Offline Manley

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 05:32:24 PM »
Misak - also, when does the cloud console update? When I click on my name in upper-right corner and select "Get Help and Support" and click on "What's New" --- it still shows Version 2.18

Offline misak

• Avast team
    • Personal page (CZE)
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 10:54:14 PM »
Misak - in the Behavior Shield, what is the difference between the options "known threats" and "detected threats"? What do you guys recommend for setting?
"known threats" is something where Behavior Shield has high confidence in maliciousness. In other words we saw the file before and have been classified as malware (confirmed by cloud check).
"detected threats" means all the behavioral shield detections, typically for files we have never seen...

Misak - also, when does the cloud console update? When I click on my name in upper-right corner and select "Get Help and Support" and click on "What's New" --- it still shows Version 2.18
You're right. "Get Help and Support" pages are outdated for now. Will be updated in few days. These pages are delivered by In Product Messaging system which has different release cycle than the console them selves. You can check the console version by seeing the source code, you will see 2.21.46.

Offline Manley

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 01:18:21 PM »
Misak - will you guys be either providing a client installer that does NOT have the browser add-ons/extensions included OR a client installer with browser add-ons/extensions automatically disabled OR provide a way to disable installing browser add-ons/extensions via the admin console? I'm talking about the Avast add-ons/extensions like Safe Price and Online Security that come with the client.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 01:20:43 PM by Manley »

Offline Michael514

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 08:41:18 AM »
I was not able to start Hyper-V Machines after update to this Version of the Client on Server 2008 R2!!!

Error:
Failed to initialize:
The virtual machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running

After uninstalling Avast and restarting the Server the Problem was gone.

Kind Regards
Michael

Offline Manley

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 03:52:10 PM »
I also had some weird issue with RDP into Windows Server 2012 R2 after client 17.2 installed. My RDP would only login with a temporary profile, and wouldn't be normal until after I rebooted server.

I was not able to start Hyper-V Machines after update to this Version of the Client on Server 2008 R2!!!

Error:
Failed to initialize:
The virtual machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running

After uninstalling Avast and restarting the Server the Problem was gone.

Kind Regards
Michael

Offline Craig109

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2017, 07:19:20 PM »
Seeing that on many machines, Win7 and Server 2012R2.  Temp profile used when logging in.  Rebooting corrects the problem.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2017, 08:14:35 AM »
"known threats" is something where Behavior Shield has high confidence in maliciousness. In other words we saw the file before and have been classified as malware (confirmed by cloud check).
"detected threats" means all the behavioral shield detections, typically for files we have never seen...

How does a "known" threat differ from just the antivirus signatures updating and detecting a threat?  Surely if it is known and classified, it gets added to the signatures? 

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2017, 08:28:30 AM »
Seeing that on many machines, Win7 and Server 2012R2.  Temp profile used when logging in.  Rebooting corrects the problem.

We're seeing the same issue on many Windows 7 computers at multiple sites.  Rebooting the computer sometimes works, but about 5% of the time they get the Temp profile rendering the workstation useless until another reboot.  This is a major issue, please let us know if it's a known issue or if there is a fix.

Thanks,

Jason

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2017, 11:47:16 AM »

We're seeing the same issue on many Windows 7 computers at multiple sites.  Rebooting the computer sometimes works, but about 5% of the time they get the Temp profile rendering the workstation useless until another reboot.  This is a major issue, please let us know if it's a known issue or if there is a fix.

Thanks,

Jason

I wonder if it's related to the new Behavior Shield somehow?

In my cloud console, I checked my Server exhibiting this issue and it says the Behavior module is currently disabled (because I haven't had a reboot since the new update was installed automatically).  So I need to reboot anyway, but this is a new shield and a new fault, so could be related?

If you have the time and resources, maybe try moving some PCs to a settings policy where the Behavior shield is OFF, wait 10 minutes for a policy update, and see what happens.  You could possibly try uninstalling the module as well I guess. 

I think I'm gonna turn off Automatic Program Updates again  :-\  I really hope Avast don't neglect testing in AD environments, but the track record is not great...

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 05:53:02 PM »
I'm going to work on this all day in our Lab.  I need to have a proven solution by tomorrow morning.

Our servers do not run Avast (or any A/V), so it's client side.  I was thinking the same thing about Behavior Shield, I'll test turning it off and rebooting 10 times.

Can anyone report that the Temp profile issue is completely "cured" by a single reboot?

Thanks!

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 04:32:26 AM »
Can anyone report that the Temp profile issue is completely "cured" by a single reboot?

Can't say I can confirm with certainty.  I only have about 15 Domain PCs and half of them stay logged in and therefore haven't been logged out/rebooted yet.

I did find two machines that exhibited this problem and it went away after a reboot and logged in and out twice successfully after.  I know it's not very thorough but it's enough for my small site for now.

I also wonder, if you have ongoing problems that is, if it is related in any way to Group Policy settings?  If I recall I have disabled Asynchronous Logon in my Domain (enabled is the default).   I also don't have roaming profiles.

See if the problem occurs on the same machines using a local logon with non-roaming profile.

Definitely log this fault with Support if this is hurting your business.

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 07:03:20 AM »
Some of the updated PC facing issue with Excel file in the share folder, the Excel file become read only after user close the file the first time they open, the next time user open the same Excel file, the Excel show the file is locked by the same user. I'd tested if I disable Avast, then user don't have this problem.