Author Topic: Avast Free Mobile Security and Bluetooth getting disconnected/disabled  (Read 3181 times)

REDACTED

So, I have had Avast free mobile security on all my phones and with bluetooth connected with no problems until a recent update.
Phone: HTC 10
Android Version: 6.0.1
Avast Version: 6.0.1-14802-49a976e
Bluetooth Device: Plantronics Voyager 5200UC

A few days ago I noticed I could not get calls or video sound to transfer to my bluetooth. This was with loaded apps and my usual apps and surfing etc...
I went into the Bluetooth settings and "Phone Audio" was not checked. I couldn't even "check" it to enable it. This is the phone software settings and not using the Plantronics app to view or change settings. My phone and bluetooth device had been working fine with no problems for almost a year. So, I knew it had to be an update of an app or a new app I may have installed. So, I called Verizon to troubleshoot possible software issues. We reset the "Network Settings" and restarted the device. It worked briefly. The next day the same thing happened.

They suggested that knowing there was no previous issues that the only other way to test if it was an app that was causing the problem was to do a "Factory Data Reset" and/or go into "Safe Mode". I did the Factory Reset first and did not install any additional apps. The bluetooth worked perfectly! I installed Avast Mobile Security Free version and to my surprise it did the same thing. I went into "Safe Mode" on the device and I was able to use my device and the bluetooth just fine as well.

I uninstalled Avast Mobile Security and I no longer have a problem with my bluetooth connection and the phone. This being said, there is an obvious issue with the recent update but, the question is how can I report it to Avast. I couldn't find an option for that.

I am a techie and I know that with a level three tech from Verizon and myself we covered all software possibilities since I had a wiped device with no additional apps installed. They were about to send me a new phone but, I knew myself that it wasn't a hardware related incident.

***UPDATE***3/2/2017
I couldn't settle for that being the problem so I decided to "Factory Reset" again.
1) Left it basic only allowing Verizon, HTC, and Google installed apps to receive an update.  The phone and the bluetooth came up with the same issue.
2) Went into "Safe Mode"
3) Phone and Bluetooth are working just fine!

Resolution: Reporting back to Verizon for further assistance since it is a software issue from them, HTC, or Google!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:35:31 AM by David1289 »

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Hi, thanks for the update, good luck with solving the issue!