Author Topic: with Outlook 2002- It used to work????  (Read 3464 times)

terje

with Outlook 2002- It used to work????
« on: December 13, 2003, 08:55:28 PM »
Hi team, I've used your Home version for some time, but for the last couple of months it seems that Avast is not working with my Outlook? I use Outlook 2002, have used tha Mail prot. Wiz and checked for "protect all accounts"!

Before, while starting Outlook I used to get an Avast popop giving me the impression that my accouts was protected. When I got emails for a mass sendout i got a warnig from Avast, but not anymore! Today i got the "james photos.zip" Virus mail, but Avast did not give me a heads up, nor does the "mass mail warning work anymore! When I send e.mails from Outlook Avast never signes messages..........

When I use Outl. Express the outgoien emails get signed, but i don't ie. resive a "mass mail" warning!

Got a feeling tha something has happend to my Avast????

The latest virus attack I had was msblast but i think i managed to remove it!

Can you help me? Do I need to reinstall, or get myself a new AV?

I'm happy with Avast, but thing it's nice if I get it to work  
Thanks Terje

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:with Outlook 2002- It used to work????
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 11:11:43 PM »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

terje

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 01:47:30 AM »
Hi, this is what you aked me to read, I did it - now it works again!Thanks  ;D Terje

Answer: In Outlook, open the About box, and click the 'Disabled Items' box. A window with a list should appear. If the avast plugin is in the list, just remove it. That's all.

Normally the list is empty but sometimes Outlook gets nuts and disables some of its add-ins...

This also applies to Outlook XP.

Hope this helps,
Vlk

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 02:31:29 AM »
When I use Outl. Express the outgoien emails get signed, but i don't ie. resive a "mass mail" warning!

Vlk, do you know why, sometimes, not in a deterministic way, the Heuristic settings of avast go back to zero... I configure them again and they go back to zero... I'm refering to ... oh, wait, I have to go back to my English version of avast... I'm so proud of the translated version!...

Now, Warning count, Absolute count, Time period check... sometimes, as I said, go to zero and not the standard values (10, 5 and 30 I suppose)... ::)

This is an old issue (sorry for not posting earlyer), maybe even in version 4.0  ::)
The best things in life are free.