Author Topic: Windows 10 User Profiles  (Read 8032 times)

REDACTED

Windows 10 User Profiles
« on: March 02, 2017, 06:34:31 PM »
The most recent program update to Avast for Business seems to be preventing profiles from loading. Does anyone know of a way to uninstall the program on mutiple systems using the online console (or some other method)?

REDACTED

Re: Windows 10 User Profiles
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 02:44:57 PM »
I'm having issues with Windows 7 local user profiles loading as well. To uninstall you should just be able to go to the Avast online console and click Network -> Devices then check the boxes next to the PCs you wish to uninstall. Then click Actions -> Remove and uninstall.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 04:20:07 PM »
Same problem here, but only user have the mobile profile. Local profile not affected. (Windows 10 and 7)

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 05:28:44 PM »
Same here. Took a while this morning to figure out disabling Avast is the solution.

Offline Manley

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 07:40:40 PM »
I also had some weird issue with RDP into Windows Server 2012 R2 after client 17.2 installed. My RDP would only login with a temporary profile, and wouldn't be normal until after I rebooted server.

Offline Matthew229

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 10:37:38 AM »
Having the same problem here with Windows 7, Windows 10, Server 2012 R2 and Server 2016. Checking Avast is up to date and giving the machine a reboot seems to fix it for most machines.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 03:09:35 PM »
Having the same problem here with Windows 7, Windows 10, Server 2012 R2 and Server 2016. Checking Avast is up to date and giving the machine a reboot seems to fix it for most machines.

Same here.  This seems to be the fix for me as well...

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 05:15:15 PM »
We are having the same issue of user profiles not loading on Windows 7.

We need this fixed as it is impacting our staff and student computers in a very negative way.

I hope Avast Engineers are aware of this issue.

This only happened after the last update. Computers that have not received the update yet are not experiencing this issue.

Offline Adam193

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 10:08:27 PM »
I have a thread on Spiceworks that might help out as well for anyone that is having this problem. I wasn't sure if it was Avast when I started it, but they have some tips that might help out until a fix is made.

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1970504-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon?page=1#entry-6693704

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 10:25:19 PM »
We are having the profile issue randomly in ~400 machines. Users are getting stuck in a Temp profile.

After opening avast, I saw it wants a reboot. After a reboot everything is golden.

It appears that avast wont take care of the install with just a reboot of the machine. I will push out an update and reboot and see if this gets us past the issue.

Offline Remedy

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 10:04:30 AM »
Yep, 3 W7 clients this week and also Outlook is hanging on startup until I get in and remove the addin. Usually a restart fixes the issue however one machine this morning took several restarts to get back into their normal profile

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 08:18:53 PM »
We are affected by this issue on Windows 7 also.  We have now started to move our Anti-Virus over to another provider as it is causing to much disruption to childrens education.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 08:21:56 PM »
And as usual...
avast is really quiet about this.
Haven't seen a single post from them about it. >:(

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 09:23:25 AM »
Same problem for windows 7 roaming profiles for my students  ... i deleted the AppData\Roaming\AVAST Software frome the mandatory directory profile on the server and it works now.
But i have another problem : I cannot delete profiles on the desktop machines because c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\AVAST Software folder is not empty ...
I use the "delprof2" utility for deleting profiles on the remote machines .. and it does not work anymore  ...
the only way if i want to delete these folders is  to reboot in safe mode ...
Any solutions to delete localy profiles ?

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 03:38:32 PM »
my fix was to use the avastclear to get avast off the PC,  reboot, then install the older version of avast and disable program updates.
all working now.
I'll keep an eye on this forum in case avast want to advise when its safe to update the program lol