Author Topic: How Ican restore My passwords and secure note after I formatted the same laptop.  (Read 3960 times)

REDACTED

I have previously activated sync on my old windows installation and avast before doing a clean install.How should I retrieve all of my data back in which is plenty.Please help me.I feel sad right now,Setting this thing up are pain in the butter.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Format the system, install Windows etc.
Install avast passwords and connect the device to your account.

And please use a normal font/size.

REDACTED

Ok Eddy.I have already done that but the password or secure notes won't show and I had to authorize from my older windows installation in which I've already formatted.From previous installation I use avast 2016 and have different UI but right now,I'm using avast 2017.

Offline Tomáš Hellebrand

• Avast team
  • Product owner of Avast Passwords
    • Avast Passwords
Hi JajaAvast,

in this case, you need to "self-authorize". Just follow those steps: https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB255#idt_04
Tomas Hellebrand
Product owner of Avast Passwords

REDACTED

I have tried this many time before but I don't receive any e-mail that has subject "Your Backup Identity" from avast which is make me more worry to have losing all of my account passwords and my important secure notes.

REDACTED

Or,Should I delete my existing device on my avast account which is has the same name "LaptopPC" to make it work again(But I afraid that it will also deleted passwords and secure note with my previous Windows installation)  or download 2016 version of avast?.

REDACTED

I have the same problem .... and no one solved this for me ... such a bad support!.. i think i need to find another app to use.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
What is there to solve ?
Just follow the steps in the link Tomáš supplied.

REDACTED

I've already done it, Eddy. :'(...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
If you didn't had synchronization enabled and you don't have the mail, the passwords are lost.

If you have either one, use it to place the passwords into the new installation.