Author Topic: schedule a scan  (Read 4147 times)

elitedude

schedule a scan
« on: December 13, 2003, 09:38:14 PM »
 :( hi i want to schedule a scan , you know the one where when windows starts? It does it the first time you install avast, but now i want to do that agian because i cant scan some files becoause they are in use, now can anyone tell me , how to schedule a scan ?
  please help

Thanks to all who reply!

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re:schedule a scan
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 09:53:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum  ;D
kindly read this post: Avast Scheduled scan
« Last Edit: December 13, 2003, 09:53:59 PM by minacross »
MW

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 11:15:24 PM »

No no, actually that thread is completely unrelated - it doesn't talk about the BOOT TIME scan elitedude was asking about...

To schedule the boot-time scan (even in the Home Edition), just start avast, go to the menu (e.g. by right-clicking anywhere on the blue panel) and select 'Schedule boot-time scan'... Quite easy, isnt it? :)

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 02:55:15 AM »

No no, actually that thread is completely unrelated - it doesn't talk about the BOOT TIME scan elitedude was asking about...

To schedule the boot-time scan (even in the Home Edition), just start avast, go to the menu (e.g. by right-clicking anywhere on the blue panel) and select 'Schedule boot-time scan'... Quite easy, isnt it? :)

Vlk

Do not forget to choose 'Scan archive files' and 'Advanced Options' choosing the default action of avast! if a virus was found...  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 12:20:28 PM »

Vlk

Sorry for the misunderstanding guys   :-[ :-[
MW