Author Topic: cannot insert license or product key  (Read 12225 times)

REDACTED

cannot insert license or product key
« on: March 04, 2017, 12:57:59 AM »
When inserting license I get error message, missing or corrupt license file and when I insert product key i get "The request cannot be processed at this moment, please try again later. (-2147195904). I can no longer go without virus protection need to get this fixed now.

REDACTED

Re: cannot insert license or product key
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 12:59:44 AM »
I have avast pro and I have already run repair.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 01:03:55 AM by slackt »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 01:15:01 AM »
Have you got the license file I believe it is license.avastlic normally would have been attached to your email ?

If so just save that to your hard drive and then double click it avast should then insert the license.

If not try the Resend avast License https://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php, you will need to enter the email that you used when purchasing the license.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 08:05:50 PM »
Thanks for the help but as I stated, I have license and I gave the error I was getting for both license and key codes. Nothing is working. Won't take license or activation code. I own 5 licenses for Avast Pro and 3 Licenses for Avast Internet Security. Maybe they are sending me the license for Internet Security and I am using Pro. I don't know but this has to stop. I need answer from Avast on what to do. I have been unprotected for too long working on this problem.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 08:13:09 PM »
If you want a answer from avast, you need to contact them > https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 08:33:09 PM »
Thanks for the help but as I stated, I have license and I gave the error I was getting for both license and key codes.

When you said that you had inserted the license key, I took it as having tried to manually enter it.

Nothing is working. Won't take license or activation code. I own 5 licenses for Avast Pro and 3 Licenses for Avast Internet Security.

Maybe they are sending me the license for Internet Security and I am using Pro. I don't know but this has to stop. I need answer from Avast on what to do. I have been unprotected for too long working on this problem.

Are these devices (installations) linked to your my.avast.com account as that should show what licenses you have and how they have been assigned. It should be possible to assign one of your Pro licenses to this installation.

If that isn't possible in the my.avast.com account you would need to contact support using the support ticket system as Eddy mentioned.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 10:00:34 PM »
Thanks for the help but as I stated, I have license and I gave the error I was getting for both license and key codes. Nothing is working. Won't take license or activation code. I own 5 licenses for Avast Pro and 3 Licenses for Avast Internet Security. Maybe they are sending me the license for Internet Security and I am using Pro. I don't know but this has to stop. I need answer from Avast on what to do. I have been unprotected for too long working on this problem.

The License.avastlic file can be read in a text editor.  Within that file is a line that identifies the product it is for.  As an example, my AIS license has the line
# Name of product: Avast Internet Security - 3 users, 2 years

AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 11:32:54 PM »
It was pretty same for me (lic 2y/3pc)
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=178732.0
except I got this error message only on 1 pc , the same file worked fine on 2 others one.
Don't know why but it was good by UI update or with clean install of old version (when we had to insert licence before installing avast)
For now , it's OK again , I don't really know how ,
A more thorough cleaning of the registry than avast clean tool ?
or
What had been answered by the support avast at the time: a problem of time zone on this famous pc ?
indeed , when I had a look about time expired licence , expiration time 8:06 am for the 2 OK but 10:06 am for the bad one.
Now without any change of time zone , 3 expirations are set to 8:06 am
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 11:40:57 PM by chris05 »

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 03:58:03 AM »
I got a trouble ticket number on saturday. this is tues evening and still have not heard from avast. I uninstalled avast Pro and downloaded it again and installed it. the first time i went through the installation it did not tell me to restart. Second time I restarted and then avast logo looked good but when I opened avast and got the message "UI failed to load".....next line "This is really embarrassing"......next line "AV not responding" then two choices "Exit" or "Restart Service". Restart service just comes back with the same message and Exit of course exits. On both installs I got the same message when trying to start avast. The only difference was the first install had a red x and the second install after restarting didnt. I can log into avast and see my licenses. none are assigned to any installation. I had chosen auto renew and i got emails from avast saying i was going to expire soon and I ignored them, i knew i had autorenew. That is how they got  me last year and the reason I own 5 avast pro licenses and 3 avast internet security licenses. They took my money this year for both antivirus programs and mulitiple licenses real quick but left me in the ditch.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 08:32:20 AM »
Just have patience.
avast is trying to handle tickets within 1-5 business days.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2017, 01:59:39 PM »
I got a trouble ticket number on saturday. this is tues evening and still have not heard from avast. I uninstalled avast Pro and downloaded it again and installed it. the first time i went through the installation it did not tell me to restart. Second time I restarted and then avast logo looked good but when I opened avast and got the message "UI failed to load".....next line "This is really embarrassing"......next line "AV not responding" then two choices "Exit" or "Restart Service". Restart service just comes back with the same message and Exit of course exits. On both installs I got the same message when trying to start avast. The only difference was the first install had a red x and the second install after restarting didnt. I can log into avast and see my licenses. none are assigned to any installation. I had chosen auto renew and i got emails from avast saying i was going to expire soon and I ignored them, i knew i had autorenew. That is how they got  me last year and the reason I own 5 avast pro licenses and 3 avast internet security licenses. They took my money this year for both antivirus programs and mulitiple licenses real quick but left me in the ditch.
Have you tried a Clean Install of Avast:
https://goo.gl/4Ptzkf
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2017, 06:37:54 PM »
I really thank everyone for the help. I had to finally download and install Avast Pro 3 times and install 3 times and after each install run repair and reboot mulitiple times to get to a point that I could successfully use the licence insertion and then use the activation code. I do not think Avast getting back to me within 5 days is even decent customer care, very substandard. I do not think Avast should be emailing customers telling them their virus protection is going to expire when they have them on auto renew, and I do not think your product should stop working if you have auto renew. They are real good at taking the money from your credit card when the time comes and I like the product but taking care of customers is something they need to work on and sending false messages about your coverage expiring is not honest business. If a customer forgets since the previous year that they have auto renew  they end going shopping to make sure they have antivirus protection and may like myself buying avast again and end up with multiple products and more licenses than they can use. Add that to the waste of time and aggrivation and stress of not being protected and you have very poor service. Again I thank everyone for their answers to my problems. You went the extra mile to even respond to me, which is more than Avast did. To get back to the suggestions made....I had read the license file and it was the correct one but I did not know I could have manually inserted the file within the program files in the correct subdirectory. I think that having to go to that much trouble, which is not too much trouble for me, is more than the average person could be expected to do. The need to know that much about every app you use, while interesting, is more than you should need to know about. Thanks again and by the way, I still have not heard from Avast.

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 03:42:58 AM »
I have the same problems with licence files and activation token on a Windows 7 machine where the licence is set to expire in a weeks time. For some reason AVAST has shut down a week early and refuses to take the new activation code or licence file.  The product is working fine on all my other machines.

What is the solution to this situation? Keep reinstalling the product until one gets lucky and the product finally accepts the licence?