Author Topic: on-access scanner  (Read 2783 times)

hypa2sick

on-access scanner
« on: March 11, 2006, 08:07:21 AM »
i was told you don't need all of em running...but i chose to have em all... is that right?? o u reealy don't need em all?? i confused.

mauserme

Re: on-access scanner
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 01:32:54 PM »
Hi hypa2sick,

Even if there are providers you don't currently need it can't hurt to leave then running. 

For example, I don't do any file sharing but my P2P Shield is active anyway.  This way if I ever decide to do some file sharing, or if another user sets this up on the computer without telling me, I'm protected without having to remember to activate the shield.  I don't think I would see much difference in system speed by turning P2P Shield off, anyway.

madazz

Re: help needed on-access scanner
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 03:00:02 PM »
Hi Guys, just wanna know if there is any way I can stop the  "ON ACCESS SCANNER MESSAGES' from appearing as I'm getting really pd-off with them.
They are foreva coming up while I'm trying to use internet and slowing the running of programmes.
Any help would be great.
thanks
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 03:36:22 PM by madazz »

mauserme

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 03:44:48 PM »
Hi madazz,

Right click the a-icon, then click On-Access Protection Control.

For Standard Shield and Web Shield click the Customize button, then click the Advanced tab.  Make sure Show Detailed Information on Performed action is not checked.

If this does not solve the problem then post a screen shot of the messages you're getting.

madazz

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 04:04:11 PM »
Hi Mauserme

Thank you so much for that, yes it has worked. I'm  still in the learning proccess with avast (and computors for that matter :)

Cheers ;)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 04:07:30 PM by madazz »

mauserme

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 04:09:14 PM »
You're welcome.  Glad it worked out.