Author Topic: New Client 17.2.2517 problem  (Read 4309 times)

Offline Chuck36

New Client 17.2.2517 problem
« on: March 04, 2017, 07:08:28 PM »
I have a few PC's using Avast for Business.  Since the client update, if I double click on the icon in the system tray on Win 7 Pro or Win 8.1 pro, I see a screen that says:

You're protected
There are a couple of things to fix (with a button that says "fix all")
Uh Oh, Your license is about to expire, Please contact your administrator

Reboots don't correct the issue.  The client and virus definitions are up to date as of the writing of this message.  Pressing the "fix all" button does nothing.

see attached screen capture for more information.

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
Re: New Client 17.2.2517 problem
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 07:48:03 PM »
Same here. Request (127351) made to support without an answer.

They only say: "Please allow some time for things to sync. They just released the new version and everything needs to update." three days ago.

Offline Manley

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 08:03:56 PM »
Yes, I just wanted to say I have the same thing happening on my computers. Clicking Fix All button does nothing. Also, it would be nice if it stated what it was trying to fix, too.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 11:52:28 AM »
+1

I found 1 computer with this problem.  I ended up uninstalling Avast, running Avastclear, then installing v12.3 again from offline installer.  Once it was all stable I upgraded to v17.2 and was all good.

Clearly not the best solution but might help get people out of a jam.

Offline misak

• Avast team
    • Personal page (CZE)
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 05:08:35 PM »
This is configuration issue of the new UI, which is not related to the Free version or anything else. Fixed now, all endpoints should get the configuration in 24 hours. You can restart AvastSVC to get the configuration sooner. You can check modification date of file "c:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\setup\config.def" if you got the configuration.

Offline Chuck36

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 05:11:05 PM »
Thanks, I'm seeing the fix automatically applied to the two systems I mentioned in the first post.

Offline Manley

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 06:28:19 PM »
misak - glad you guys are fixing this. Will this fix the other issues that people have been reporting including the "temp profile" issue? Or is that something else you guys are working on?

This is configuration issue of the new UI, which is not related to the Free version or anything else. Fixed now, all endpoints should get the configuration in 24 hours. You can restart AvastSVC to get the configuration sooner. You can check modification date of file "c:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\setup\config.def" if you got the configuration.

Offline misak

• Avast team
    • Personal page (CZE)
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 10:30:11 AM »
Temp profiles is different issue. Already in our Jira as issue AV-13163, we are working on fix which will be delivered as micro-update.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 01:17:48 AM »
Temp profiles is different issue. Already in our Jira as issue AV-13163, we are working on fix which will be delivered as micro-update.

Thanks for this feedback, it's the first "official" recognition from Avast that I have seen that there is a problem with profiles.

I have turned off Automatic Program Updates in my console policy, definitions updates are still on.   Will I still get a micro-update deployed with that combination setting, or do I have to turn Program updates back on/manually update?

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2017, 12:58:34 PM »

Jira? Do you have any ETA for the fix?  Is this communicated officially anywhere?