Author Topic: Avast Premier almost as bad as the adware  (Read 1382 times)

REDACTED

Avast Premier almost as bad as the adware
« on: March 05, 2017, 02:11:56 AM »
I think i've finally reached the end of my patience here with Avast - i've been using it for many many years and have the full paid Premier version, yet it's causing me more annoyance and problems than the adware etc that I bought it to stop.
I wouldn't mind so much if I had the free version but paying and then having in app pop ups that were not obvious how to turn off (yes i've found it), and now when I do a scan rather than just simply telling me the results summary it tells me there are "issues" – which simply ask you to buy more products.
And just recently to top it all off since I updated to Firefox v51.0.1 (64 bit) on my Windows 10 machine I can’t just go to my Firefox homepage anymore without Avast Safeprice popping up over the top of it – something i’ve been searching for hours unsuccessfully to remove.

Time to change products I think. Greed has taken over.
 :-\

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Premier almost as bad as the adware
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 05:27:05 AM »
And just recently to top it all off since I updated to Firefox v51.0.1 (64 bit) on my Windows 10 machine I can’t just go to my Firefox homepage anymore without Avast Safeprice popping up over the top of it – something i’ve been searching for hours unsuccessfully to remove.
-> https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB96#artTitle (Add/Remove components)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Re: Avast Premier almost as bad as the adware
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 11:46:28 AM »
Just turn Avast Safeprice off in Firefox in add-ons section, so it won't bug you. Whenever you need it you can turn it on again. Seems like sort of a bug of Safeprice that should be fixed