Author Topic: Where can I find the tick box to schedule a scan?  (Read 1526 times)

REDACTED

Where can I find the tick box to schedule a scan?
« on: March 06, 2017, 06:05:27 AM »
Hello!

I just downloaded the brand new version of Avast Free Antivirus (March 2017) and Avast seem to have moved things around.  I've looked everywhere, but I cannot find where I can schedule a regular weekly scan.  If anyone can tell me the path to where I can find that I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Brad

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Where can I find the tick box to schedule a scan?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 11:35:31 AM »
There isn't a tick box as such, in the AvastUI > Protection > Antivirus > Other Scans section there will be various scans, default or custom, etc. If you look at the top right of each small window for the scan you should see a Clock, guess what that is for, very cryptic I know.

That said, many people are having issues in even running a scheduled scan and as far as I'm aware avast are trying to resolve that problem.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 05:24:05 PM »
Amazing!  Thanks so much for the help on that David.

I find it a bit strange though that Avast makes it so difficult to find that feature.  I'm not sure what they gain by doing that.  Anyway, we'll see what changes they end up making.

Thanks!
Brad

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 05:46:33 PM »
You're welcome.

I don't mind the use of icons as such if they are big, obvious as to what they are about and a clock seems reasonable. These ones however are too small and crucially appear grey, a colour that in windows programs has traditionally meant disabled/inactive.

The other icon a cog (for settings) is also too small and grey also.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security